Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Re: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Even with Ludwick out and a pretty big hole in LF, I'm hard-pressed to see a trade for Stanton. What do we even have that they'd want past our top 3 or 4 guys? Good luck with this team's finances if you mean to part with Hamilton, Cingrani, and more... we do have to field a team once everyone gets deeper into arbitration and many of our core pieces start to leave as free agents. And are we going to treat our $15 million LF as a backup next season? It just doesn't seem like a very reasonable use of our resources.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

It could be Ruggiano or someone of that nature to come here and play LF. Or Pierre.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

I don't think there's anything to this, but our AAA team is kinda bare don't you agree?
    Bare, it's non-existent. The Reds front office should be embarrassed by what is in our minor leagues right now. I don't understand how we could have been put in this position when just a couple of years ago when they were boasting how great the minor league system was. We haven't brought up or traded that many prospects. And I am wondering how much was exaggerated regarding the
    quality of the players.

Well when I went to google Giancarlo Stanton's stats this Yahoo article from 2 days ago was at the top of the list....maybe this is what he was referring to.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-m...014400171.html

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Bare, it's non-existent. The Reds front office should be embarrassed by what is in our minor leagues right now. I don't understand how we could have been put in this position when just a couple of years ago when they were boasting how great the minor league system was. We haven't brought up or traded that many prospects. And I am wondering how much was exaggerated regarding the
    quality of the players.
    Is this serious?

quality of the players.
    You serious Clark?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

quality of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Is this serious?
    Yes it is. Why did we have to bring up Corky Miller and Donald Lutz (AA) if we have such a good farm system?

Yes it is. Why did we have to bring up Corky Miller and Donald Lutz (AA) if we have such a good farm system?
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Frazier
    Bruce
    Cozart
    Votto
    Hanigan
    Mesoraco
    Wood
    Alonso
    Grandal
    Sappelt
    Stubbs
    Gregorious

Literally off the top of my head in 10 seconds. I don't want to put any more thought into it, when I know there is more. And that's just a list of players currently in the majors from our farm system.

11. Likes:

RedEye (05-08-2013),reds44 (05-08-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Because just because we have a good farm system does not mean that

A) Those players are ready

Or

B) that the 40 man roster and waiver setup allows you to easily call up just whoever you want

So you are mistaken here.

13. Likes:

OGB (05-11-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

quality of the players.
    I won't go that far...at all. Solid prospect abound throughout the system. Some have started slow. It happens. In Louisville, still have Corcino, HRod, Hamilton, Soto and some fringe guys. Most of our promising prospects are at AA or below and AAA has a bunch of older milb free agent types. Embarrassed? No way. This sort of thing happens when you promote as many guys to the bigs as we have the past 2-5 years.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Well when I went to google Giancarlo Stanton's stats this Yahoo article from 2 days ago was at the top of the list....maybe this is what he was referring to.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-m...014400171.html
    Interesting, but does anybody think those names he was tossing out in that article would get it done? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    That said for discussions sake: any chance the Reds would dangle Chapman in a trade while his stock is still as high as ever, move Broxton to closer and get a huge bat? If they've decided that Chapman is never going to be a starting P here it might be wise. Still wouldn't make sense for it to be Miami on the other side though.
    Marlins don't want Chapman. He's older and even more expensive than Stanton.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Interesting, but does anybody think those names he was tossing out in that article would get it done? I'm not so sure.
    I'm sure... That those names won't get it done.

Stanton is only 23, inexpensive, and one of the best overall hitters in the game. He will cost a ton in talent, because every team will be offering their best to get him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Not against the rules for the two teams to talk about players on the DL. He's due to come off next week. Just saying.
    If Stanton was available, there re several teams that could put together better packages then the Reds. I'm not sure why the Marlins would focus on the Reds.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?