Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Things at GABP for this Season

New Things at GABP for this Season

What are some new things at the ballpark this season?

Watching on television I have noticed a new advertising board at the back of the aisle way that is behind the plate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Things at GABP for this Season

New Mr Reds Race - not as good as the previous.

Some innings are now sponsored (e.g. Toyota)

Team shop got overhauled.

Toyota Truck is in the OF is silver (not Red)

Tons of new food options (e.g. Frisches Big Boys)

The plaza out in front the park is expanded (gates rearranged)

There is now a large neon Budwesier sign just on the other side of the foul pole from the visitors bullpen. It really stands out at night when it's lit up.

There is a re-entry gate near the Main Street entrance by Holy Grail. I don't remember that last year. In fact, in extra innings, we left for half an inning to meet some friends at a nearby bar and went back in for the rest of the game.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    There is a re-entry gate near the Main Street entrance by Holy Grail. I don't remember that last year. In fact, in extra innings, we left for half an inning to meet some friends at a nearby bar and went back in for the rest of the game.
    Was this a listed / signed re-entry gate or just something that wasn't being enforced, because I can't recall ever going to a professional sporting event that allowed you to re-enter the ballpark once you left.

ETA:

Wow-- from reds.com:
    In 2013, re-entry will be permitted at Great American Ball Park. Guests can do so by using the new gate located near the Tree Grove between Crosley Terrace and the Fan Zone on the west side of the ballpark. Please make sure you have your ticket with you to exit and re-enter the ballpark. Guests are subject to search upon re-entry. Re-entry may be refused at the discretion of Reds Management. If you need assistance, please see a Reds staff member.
    Don't think I've ever seen anything like that. You can slip off for a beer at the bar or sandwich at Jimmy Johns in the middle of the game and still come back in. That's pretty slick.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 04-02-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Was this a listed / signed re-entry gate or just something that wasn't being enforced, because I can't recall ever going to a professional sporting event that allowed you to re-enter the ballpark once you left.
    The sign said "re-entry gate" - and it wasn't a makeshift sign. They completely remade the area around that entrance where the 15 trees are. The new gate is in that area. They actually re-scanned our tickets after we had been out of the park for about 15 minutes.

Looks like food/Team Shop prices of gone up and in some cases significantly. You cannot buy a swearshirt/hoodie in the Team Shop for under $100.00. Want a collectors series cup of coke at the concession stand? Better whip out a cool $10 bill.

Thanks a lot, Joey Votto.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

ETA:

Wow-- from reds.com:

Don't think I've ever seen anything like that. You can slip off for a beer at the bar or sandwich at Jimmy Johns in the middle of the game and still come back in. That's pretty slick.
    Think how cool it is for people who live at The Banks. They can go home for a few, walk the dog, grab a bite or a beer, change into something heavier/lighter, use their own bathroom, then head right back to their seat in the ballpark.

10. Likes:

JB12 (04-02-2013)

Think how cool it is for people who live at The Banks. They can go home for a few, walk the dog, grab a bite or a beer, change into something heavier/lighter, use their own bathroom, then head right back to their seat in the ballpark.
    I live at the Banks, but just learned this news from reading this thread (I missed Opening Day, sadly), and I am beyond ecstatic. Huge development.

You guys must have missed Channel 9's rundown of "What's new at GABP" this year.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...ican-ball-park

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I wonder if smokers can go out the re-entry gate and come back in?
    Award Winning Baseball Player

The sign said "re-entry gate" - and it wasn't a makeshift sign. They completely remade the area around that entrance where the 15 trees are. The new gate is in that area. They actually re-scanned our tickets after we had been out of the park for about 15 minutes.
    As a fan, I love this but I'm amazed they'd do something like this with all there is to do outside the stadium these days. In addition to spending your money elsewhere and the possibilities mentioned previously for locals like TOP 6, there's also the idea of re-selling/ or even giving your tickets to folks outside the stadium. I hope they keep this idea and don't re-think it

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    They can't discriminate. I'm not sure where you can smoke though, but of course you can off the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    I hope so. I dont smoke but not being able to get a pass out to smoke is hands down one of the dumbest things I have encountered at a ballpark. Attendance will pick up also if they allow passouts.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Tons of new food options (e.g. Frisches Big Boys)
    What are the best options for good grub this year? Heading out for this weekend's series and like to spend most of my time watching the game versus searching out palatable food. So good intel on where to head most appreciated. Last time I was there was the divisional clinching game so a bit foggy on the recall. Thanks.

P.S., That new re-entry policy rocks imho. Here at Nationals Park, can't even bring in a 2nd bottle of water, let alone go out for it or something else during a game. And food options suck.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    I live at the Banks, but just learned this news from reading this thread (I missed Opening Day, sadly), and I am beyond ecstatic. Huge development.
    Same here. I'm beyond thrilled by the new policy.

Turn Off Ads?