Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Re: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    When Stanton gets off the D.L. I don't see why it should take all that long for him to be a Red. I'd imagine they'd take a Cingrani, Stephenson, Hamilton and then maybe a Yormon Rodriguez. Thats like 4 top 10 prospects from our orginization and if I'm Florida I'd be happier than a pig in warm mud with that haul. I'm a believer in sacrafising the future for a better chance at a World Series. Stanton is the type of player I'd sell the farm for. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to get this done.
    That's a little much, no? I'd do Hamilton, Yorman and one of Cingrani/Stephenson, but not both. Stanton can't seem to keep himself healthy, and with Corcino struggling badly, Cingrani and Stephenson are the only Grade A pitching prospects currently in the system.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    When Stanton gets off the D.L. I don't see why it should take all that long for him to be a Red. I'd imagine they'd take a Cingrani, Stephenson, Hamilton and then maybe a Yormon Rodriguez. Thats like 4 top 10 prospects from our orginization and if I'm Florida I'd be happier than a pig in warm mud with that haul. I'm a believer in sacrafising the future for a better chance at a World Series. Stanton is the type of player I'd sell the farm for. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to get this done.
    Florida would probably do that. I wouldn't if I was running the Reds.
    In my mind, Stanton has become somewhat of a question mark.
    His numbers have declined this season.
    Is it just a slow start that he'll bounce back from (or a minor injury he tried to play through)
    Or is he so unhappy that it's impacting his play? I don't know the guy obviously, so I'm not accusing him of doing it deliberately, but it's a concern. What happens if he becomes unhappy here in a year or two?

I have not seen the guy much other than when the Reds play, but his defense was awful in that series. I would have to see more footage to make sure that was a fluke. (Again, is it because he's so unhappy it's impacting his play?)

The other thing I would worry about.. When you see a slugger lose power like that. Was he on something, now he's off? Again, not an accusation, but a worry when a guy suddenly loses power. I know the season is young, it's probably just a blip on the screen.. but it's too risky to give up arguably our 4 best minor leaguers for him.

We have to remember that at the trading deadline, there's going to be averagish LF near the end of their contract, available for practically nothing. With Ludwick still on the payroll, that makes the most sense.

I'd love to have the 1.000 OPS Stanton on this team, but I'm not seeing the stars line up.... Plus, I don't think it's time for a desperation move.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

4. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-15-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I had a weird dream that the Reds resolved the return of Cueto by trading Leake to another team for an OFer. Kept Cingrani up.

I woke up in a cold sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I had a weird dream that the Reds resolved the return of Cueto by trading Leake to another team for an OFer. Kept Cingrani up.

I woke up in a cold sweat.
    Leake was showcased tonight.....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?