Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Just looked at Bruce's contract. He makes more than I thought.

He's a tough sell in a trade. He'll be a Red unless some rich team wants to gamble.

Carry on.
    Meh. Package Bruce with the primary trade target of the other team, such as Billy Hamilton or Chapman, and I bet they take Bruce if it needs to be done to make the money work.

According to many, it's just a bad April for Jay. If so, he still has a ton of value.

2. Likes:

redsfandan (05-09-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Meh. Package Bruce with the primary trade target of the other team, such as Billy Hamilton or Chapman, and I bet they take Bruce if it needs to be done to make the money work.

According to many, it's just a bad April for Jay. If so, he still has a ton of value.
    I doubt the Marlins would gamble on Bruce, he has several years above $10 million per coming up. Maybe if the Reds take back Nolasco who gets $11 million for this year. Bruce's deal is just bigger than I previously thought.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Why wouldn't the Marlins ask for Jay Bruce? Why would they be stuck on only prospects?

Bruce is signed reasonably for awhile. The Marlins have to want to improve their major league team. Hamilton seems unready. Stephenson is a long way away. Winker is in A ball. Corcino has been struggling at AAA.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they would want Bruce and Cingrani for Stanton. They would ask for Bruce, Cingrani, and Stephenson for Stanton, but wouldn't get both pitchers IMO.

I could see the Marlins maybe agreeing to Bruce, Cingrani, and Corcino for Stanton and a minor leaguer.
    I can see that from the Marlins point of view.
    From the Reds point of view, I don't put Bruce in.
    Stanton's fielding looked horrible when we were in MIA. Maybe that's not the norm.
    Anyhow, I don't see the upgrade from Bruce to Stanton being huge enough to toss in a guy like Cingrani too.
    Heck, with Bruce's contract and defense, I probably don't do Bruce for Stanton straight up.
    Yea, I'm prepared for people to say that I'm foolish, but Bruce fits this team well.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

7. Likes:

i hope the Reds can get Stanton.. I never want to see him on the Cardinals..

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Benihana hasn't posted in the thread yet. Hopefully he didn't have to be rushed to the hospital after he cracked this baby open.
    Just did. Charles Ramsey is calling 911
    Go BLUE!!!

10. Likes:

757690 (05-08-2013),Reds360 (05-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-09-2013)

I feel like you guys are forgetting that we once had Mike Stanton before and it didn't go so well, I even reported it when it happened!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

dfs (05-09-2013),marcshoe (05-08-2013)

This just in. Cardinals hear of a Reds/Marlins trade brewing and slip in and get Stanton.

In all seriousness, if it happened, what if Walt totally surprised us and it was Cueto for Stanton straight up? Hmmm. 2 guys coming off the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I feel like you guys are forgetting that we once had Mike Stanton before and it didn't go so well, I even reported it when it happened!
    http://youtu.be/BKHoMi-U8g4
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Frazier
    Bruce
    Cozart
    Votto
    Hanigan
    Mesoraco
    Wood
    Alonso
    Grandal
    Sappelt
    Stubbs
    Gregorious

Literally off the top of my head in 10 seconds. I don't want to put any more thought into it, when I know there is more. And that's just a list of players currently in the majors from our farm system.
    OK. I was wrong about the players that have come from our farm system.
    But on the other hand, we are trying to win a championship and to have to bring up a Corky Miller because 1 of your catchers is injured, is just mind boggling.

16. Likes:

DocRed (05-08-2013)

This just in. Cardinals hear of a Reds/Marlins trade brewing and slip in and get Stanton.

In all seriousness, if it happened, what if Walt totally surprised us and it was Cueto for Stanton straight up? Hmmm. 2 guys coming off the DL.
    Would be an interesting proposal. I doubt Walt would do it since Arroyo is probably gone next year, but I bet he would think long and hard about it.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

18. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    OK. I was wrong about the players that have come from our farm system.
    But on the other hand, we are trying to win a championship and to have to bring up a Corky Miller because 1 of your catchers is injured, is just mind boggling.
    I've raved and applauded the Reds farm system supplying their major league team dozens of times.

But the fact is, the major league team is pretty much full at every position but a few, and the minor league system is momentarily drained from doing so.

There are few, if any, major league ready prospects in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They got Juan Pierre, and he's been a Reds target before.
    You just ruined my day.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I've raved and applauded the Reds farm system supplying their major league team dozens of times.

But the fact is, the major league team is pretty much full at every position but a few, and the minor league system is momentarily drained from doing so.

There are few, if any, major league ready prospects in the system.
    It does seem to me the system is very short on hitters.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

22. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (05-08-2013),Tony Cloninger (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Would be an interesting proposal. I doubt Walt would do it since Arroyo is probably gone next year, but I bet he would think long and hard about it.
    2014:

Latos
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Rogers? LOL.

Maybe they re-sign Bronson.

2014:

Latos
    Bailey
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Rogers? LOL.

Maybe they re-sign Bronson.
    I wouldn't count on it. It's not a strong pitching free agent class, which means there will be demand for Arroyo. Makes moving Cueto even riskier.

Turn Off Ads?