Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Re: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    OK. I was wrong about the players that have come from our farm system.
    But on the other hand, we are trying to win a championship and to have to bring up a Corky Miller because 1 of your catchers is injured, is just mind boggling.
    Yep. It's a shame they called Miller up when Bench, Fisk, and Rodriguez are all down at AAA just waiting for a shot.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-09-2013),Revering4Blue (05-09-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Getting Stanton fits Walt's "4 quarters for a dollar" mode of trades.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Yep. It's a shame they called Miller up when Bench, Fisk, and Rodriguez are all down at AAA just waiting for a shot.
    If Stephenson and Hamilton were the prospects they're supposed to be, they would have been called up to catch.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (05-08-2013),reds44 (05-09-2013),Revering4Blue (05-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    "Come on now..."

"This sounds reliable lol"

Can you just add something without the snark?
    Oh the irony.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    If Stephenson and Hamilton were the prospects they're supposed to be, they would have been called up to catch.
    I'm upset that Winker isn't major league ready yet.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Stanton, even if his fielding is as bad as he's looked this season, would be a huge boost to the Reds overall team performance if he's put in left field. I don't think his 'D' is as bad as he's looked...he's unmotivated and it's unclear how long that hamstring has been bothering him. Anyway, even if it is we minimize his impact by putting him in left field. This lineup would be scary:
    Choo
    Phillips
    Votto
    Stanton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Mesoraco/Hanigan
    Stanton makes just over $500K this year, but in arbitration next season will bump up to the $8Mil-$10Mil range. That's why the Marlins want to trade him...and they want as many minimum salary players as we will give them in return. Also, I'm pretty sure they'd let us keep anyone currently on the ML squad since we're trading to put the ML team over the top. It's kind of pointless for us to trade Cingrani and/or Cueto to get a bat...there's no way to know how much pitching we'll need to go all the way, so we must keep it all. Besides, it's the nature of these types of trades...one team gets ML help and the other gets hope for the future...not ML-ready talent. I see them going for something like Stephenson/Travieso, Corcino, Hamilton/Lutz/Rodriguez, Garrett, Winker/Wright/Buckley. I'm guessing maybe 5 guys with only one real ML-ready guy, so they end up cutting salary this year in addition to the cash they won't have to spend on Stanton next season.
    Personally, I'm torn about whether I'd do it or not...Stanton between Votto and Bruce sounds soooooo great, but that's a ton of talent to give up from our somewhat thin Minor League pool. In Walt I trust.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

11. Likes:

BCubb2003 (05-09-2013)

Would you guys do:

- Cingrani
    - Corcino
    - Lutz
    - Hrod
    - Hamilton

for

- Stanton
    - Cishek

call me silly but I would not trade Cingrani for anyone.....the guy has the rare ability to thorw up a 92 MPH fastball and slip it past MLB hitters.....he is tricky with his release and that adds a few MPH to his actual speed....guys like that dont come around very often.....his off speed pitches have gotten way better over the past year or two and his pick off move is plus.....the dude is going to be a staple in any teams rotation for years to come.....straight up Tony for Giancarlo? maybe, but that is the only option I would consider that involved Cingrani......

I have been pimping Cingrani for a few years on here.....I have watched him pitch several times in the minors....the kid has star written all over him.....if he improves once he goes through the league once or twice and they all see him and have a book on him and he keeps improving then watch out.....

I am a big Corcino fan as well....watched him several times in the minors and he impresses the heck out of me also but I would part with him if needed.....I would trade almost anyone except cingrani and stephensen but then again, those might be the only 2 guys that the Marlins would consider if trading Stanton. tough call and I am glad I am not the one making it. THis is where Walt earns his pay.

Does OP have any updates on this or was it just a simply stirring of the pot?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    OK. I was wrong about the players that have come from our farm system.
    But on the other hand, we are trying to win a championship and to have to bring up a Corky Miller because 1 of your catchers is injured, is just mind boggling.
    How is that mind boggling? Miller is a very capable guy to bring up from AAA, sure he doesn't hit, but he is very good with the pitchers. Just because we may, or may not, have a good catcher down on the farm doesn't mean he needs to be called up if one of our regulars gets hurt. I don't want a 20 something year old kid coming up and just riding the pine when he could be getting valuable experience in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Would you guys do:

- Cingrani
    - Corcino
    - Lutz
    - Hrod
    - Hamilton

for

- Stanton
    - Cishek
    We don't really need Cishek. But would I trade the first four or the last four guys you named for Stanton? Absolutely!
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I agree with JoJo. I am sure the Reds could get outbid if they tried to acquire Stanton.
    Fixed.

I wonder, is there a message board for every team with multiple threads devoted to one player (Stanton) they don't have? The expected Stanton trade is probably the most anticipated trade in years. Maybe it'll happen in the off season. I'd think they'd get more in July but who knows what the Marlins might do.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Would you guys do:

- Cingrani
    - Corcino
    - Lutz
    - Hrod
    - Hamilton

for

- Stanton
    - Cishek
    Leake
    Hamilton

Corcino
    Lutz
    HRod
    YRodriguez
    FPerez
    Guillon
    Villareal

for

Stanton
    Slowey

Well, if you're talking mega trades, this could be a possible one. And the Marlins will be looking to move Pierre and Nolasco at the trading deadline. You have to look what the Reds gave San Diego in the Latos deal and figure that return is the minimum the Marlins would ask for Stanton. The Reds would have to package two or three of their top 10 prospects in the organization.

Now if the Marlins asked for Cingrani, Stephenson, Heisey, Lutz and a lower level prospect for Stanton, do you or Walt pull the trigger?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Leake
    Hamilton

Corcino
    Lutz
    HRod
    YRodriguez
    FPerez
    Guillon
    Villareal

for

Stanton
    Slowey

If I'm the Marlins, it is close. But think the Latos deal and that is the return you should expect for Stanton.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?