Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: more Dusty frustration...

Re: more Dusty frustration...

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    We have been calling for Jay to get a day off for awhile...he finally starts hitting against the Brewers and Dusty gives Jay a day off after the teams off day? Does this make sense to anyone else?
    Sure. Dusty does that alot, giving a game off combined with a team off day. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jay sitting right next to Dusty in the dugout. I sense a patented Jay Bruce tear coming on.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

We have been calling for Jay to get a day off for awhile...he finally starts hitting against the Brewers and Dusty gives Jay a day off after the teams off day? Does this make sense to anyone else?
    Two days off is better than one and the Reds are playing the worst team in the NL.

Hardly a head scratcher

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-15-2013),RadfordVA (05-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Sure. Dusty does that alot, giving a game off combined with a team off day. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jay sitting right next to Dusty in the dugout. I sense a patented Jay Bruce tear coming on.
    I agree when a player is struggling. But Jay just had a real good series against the Brewers.

I agree when a player is struggling. But Jay just had a real good series against the Brewers.
    And that does nothing to prove he would or wouldn't have a good series with the Marlins.

IIRC, Bruce really struggles against Nolasco. So this is probably a good day to take off. I expect Votto to get a day off sometime on this road trip too. He hasn't had one yet this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    And that does nothing to prove he would or wouldn't have a good series with the Marlins.
    You are 100% correct it proves nothing. But my 20 years of coaching and playing baseball tells me when a player is starting to heat up you don't eff with it.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The question is which phrase?

The one Edabbs coined which makes fun of people always questioning Dusty, or the one Doig put on his mock T-Shirt, which makes fun of Dusty himself?
    Yes. Maybe front and back. Maybe I need two Dustration T-shirts. Heck, I think I need four (one of each in Red and one of each in White..and don't ask why I capitalized colors).

Now I've already gone to cafepress.com and designed them. To whom should I send the royalty check.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    IIRC, Bruce really struggles against Nolasco. So this is probably a good day to take off. I expect Votto to get a day off sometime on this road trip too. He hasn't had one yet this season.
    .278/.316/.667/.982 against him (2 HRS and a 2b) 7 K's in 18 ab's

Still, it's the Marlins and it's a long season, hardly a white flag

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    .278/.316/.667/.982 against him (2 HRS and a 2b) 7 K's in 18 ab's

Still, it's the Marlins and it's a long season, hardly a white flag
    I just looked it up too. It is better than I thought. Still not a bad day to take off. He hasn't been off in a while.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If baseball integrated random two days off throughout the season, there would not be an outcry by hitters because they were hot before the break. They would embrace the extra day, just like the all-star break now being 4 days.

High five!

You are 100% correct it proves nothing. But my 20 years of coaching and playing baseball tells me when a player is starting to heat up you don't eff with it.
    Unless the manna bar is about to overload, then you have to back it off for a day to keep him in the "bonus" zone.

That or use a power up.

125 pitches? In early May?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    125 generally stress free innings.

It does make a different. Bailey is a big, strong man and he was throwing well and easy. He certainly didn't look tired or stressed out there.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Actually May 14 is probably a lot closer to mid-May than early May. So what is the "official" mid-May limit for pitches? And do pitch limits increase as the year goes? I am not sure of these "official" rules/guidelines.

17. Likes:

jimbo (05-15-2013)

Just wanted to post my once-a-month "I hate Dusty" comment.

Turn Off Ads?