Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fun Reds Facts/Trivia

Fun Reds Facts/Trivia

I am a big trivia/fun fact guy, so hopefully there are many of the same here. I hope to see many facts/trivia questions on here as well as replies, comments, etc. I will try to post the answers to my questions (if not answered correctly), within 24 hours - if work will allow be to do so. So . . . .i shall start by a fun fact/trivia question that is pretty hard - unless you happened to being paying VERY close attention during that particular season.

Chris Sabo hit 25 Home Runs during the World Series Championship season of 1990. What was somewhat unusual about his feat?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fun Reds Facts/Trivia

That led the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    That led the team?
    While that is true (he edged Eric Davis by one who had 24), that is not the answer I'm looking for. As I said, it's a difficult question, and can only be answered if one was paying very close attention. In particular to a certain game in the post-season that year, because it was there that it was mentioned by a commentator (which is the only reason I even remember it).

They were all solo shots?

They were all hit to straight away left field.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    They were all hit to straight away left field.
    CORRECT!!!! Great job, George! Every single one was a left field shot - talk about a dead-pull hitter. Spuds was favorite of mine - loved his effort and enthusiasm. Again - great call George - I was doubting anyone would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMemphis View Post
    CORRECT!!!! Great job, George! Every single one was a left field shot - talk about a dead-pull hitter. Spuds was favorite of mine - loved his effort and enthusiasm. Again - great call George - I was doubting anyone would get it.
    I just remember the most inane minutia sometimes.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

As with all of these questions, I ask that no one look this stuff up, as that takes all the fun out of it. So, with that said . . . . can anyone tell me . . . . who was at the plate, who was pitching, and who caught the last out in the 1990 World Series?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMemphis View Post
    As with all of these questions, I ask that no one look this stuff up, as that takes all the fun out of it. So, with that said . . . . can anyone tell me . . . . who was at the plate, who was pitching, and who caught the last out in the 1990 World Series?
    Maybe carney landsford or something like that hitting. Myers pitching I think. I know benzinger caught it. I was barely 7 at the time I can't believe I remember I know for sure who caught it.

Old school that is correct, Lansford, Myers and benzinger. I have listened to Marty's call a billion times. Benzinger backing and calling and the 1990 worlds championship belongs to the cincinnati reds. My all time favorite reds moment, and I was 11 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    Old school that is correct, Lansford, Myers and benzinger. I have listened to Marty's call a billion times. Benzinger backing and calling and the 1990 worlds championship belongs to the cincinnati reds. My all time favorite reds moment, and I was 11 at the time.
    That was an awesome call. I knew benzinger for sure because I got his autograph the next year and asked him about it.

Turn Off Ads?