Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mike LaCoss eats breakfast

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Mike LaCoss eats breakfast

Stick to your guns.

2. Likes:

757690 (05-14-2013),Always Red (05-14-2013),Vottomatic (05-14-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Mike LaCoss eats breakfast

I had forgotten that LaCoss spent so much of his post-Reds career with the Giants and that he was still playing in 1991. He was a big part of the success of that '79 strike year team that didn't make the playoffs, despite putting up the best record in baseball across the split season.
    /r/reds

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Good stuff.

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I had forgotten that LaCoss spent so much of his post-Reds career with the Giants and that he was still playing in 1991. He was a big part of the success of that '79 strike year team that didn't make the playoffs, despite putting up the best record in baseball across the split season.
    Actually in 1979, we did make te playoffs with LaCoss being a big part of that. 1981 was the year we had the best record and did not make the playoffs.

Good video of LaCoss. Looks like he has a low key life which is cool.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

8. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (05-14-2013),Unassisted (05-14-2013)

The story he tells about Champ Summers in the Marvin Miller and Champ Summers tribute(he's got a guitar in his lap) is great.

Baseball's more about people than any other team sport,to me,and it's why I like it.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Mike was a big part of the Giants reemergence in the late 80's (Hummm Baby) I always enjoyed them more than the more popular A's back then.

The 79' Reds had a couple pitchers in Frank Pastore and Mike LaCoss who had media careers in their post playing days.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    The story he tells about Champ Summers in the Marvin Miller and Champ Summers tribute(he's got a guitar in his lap) is great.

Baseball's more about people than any other team sport,to me,and it's why I like it.
    Hilarious story about champ being buck naked in the clubhouse at Indianapolis drinking beer mere seconds before hitting a game winning homer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXp1t9P85xM

Never knew champ was such a folk hero.

I also like his storytelling technique of holding a guitar in his lap (but not playing it). I kept expecting him to break into song . I might try this during closing arguments at jury trials
    Stick to your guns.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Was he at Dinky Donuts? Is he a dunker?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Hilarious story about champ being buck naked in the clubhouse at Indianapolis drinking beer mere seconds before hitting a game winning homer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXp1t9P85xM

Never knew champ was such a folk hero.

I also like his storytelling technique of holding a guitar in his lap (but not playing it). I kept expecting him to break into song . I might try this during closing arguments at jury trials
    You should do this. Seriously

Equally as entertaining:

Aaron Harang eats breakfast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Lms7H3aas
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?