Turn Off Ads?

Thread: C. Trent article on Jesse Winker

C. Trent article on Jesse Winker

Good read from C. Trent on Jesse Winker:

I was struck when I talked to Winker at just how young he looked — but there’s a good reason. He’s 19. While there, I looked around and saw all the photos and jerseys the Dragons have of former players. One of which was Jay Bruce, who looked extremely young at 19, as well. I showed the picture to Jay, who just laughed. I mentioned I was doing a story on another kid at Dayton when I was there, and he immediately said, “Winker?” Bruce said he was impressed with what he saw from Winker in spring and had heard good things about him.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...oys-GABP-visit
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-14-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: C. Trent article on Jesse Winker

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Good read from C. Trent on Jesse Winker:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...oys-GABP-visit
    Thanks for posting OBM. Mods, do we think this warrants its own thread or should this be added to the Winker thread for future reference?

Re: C. Trent article on Jesse Winker

Another nice article on Winker:

He not only wants to make the majors, he wants to flourish there, along with his team. If that happens, Winker will pass another threshold.

“I don’t drink,” Winker said. “Never had a drink. Never had a sip of alcohol in my life.I never had a beer. Never had a sip of wine. Nothing.

“I grew up and was raised by two great parents. I want to have my first sip of alcohol when we win the World Series, or the pennant.”
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...leaguer/nX63C/
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?