Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever actually won the Tundra?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Has anyone ever actually won the Tundra?

The good news is, the sign has been hit before.... it just wasn't for the truck at the time. So it is certainly going to happen again at some point.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The good news is, the sign has been hit before.... it just wasn't for the truck at the time. So it is certainly going to happen again at some point.
    Yep, given it's positioning, it will definitely be hit at some point. I didn't realize it had been hit previously (when different signage was there) but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

It just doesn't seem worth the effort to even enter this contest.
    Might as well spend a dollar on a Mega Millions Ticket instead
    I guess Toyota gets a lot of cheap advertising out of it though.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

IIRC the Reds had a different giveaway years ago. Basically they'd choose 4 names in one inning of each game, with the first four batters in the inning representing each respective name chosen. If the batter homered the person would get a gift certificate or something, but if the player hit a grand slam (which meant the first 3 batters reached and the fourth hit the home run) then that fan would win a car. I believe the car at the time was a Corvette from Schott Chevrolet. You can see where this is going. Well, the inning was chosen, the fourth batter up was Eric Davis. First three players reached and Davis jacked it for the grand slam. Apparently, Marge was apoplectic that she actually had to make good on the contest and give away a Corvette.

I think this is the game.
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 05-16-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

Unassisted (05-16-2013)

On a somewhat related note, has anyone ever lost the scoreboard Skyline chili 3 plate guess which one the ball is under thingy?

I never have. They win every time. My wife thinks there is one under each plate. It used to be easy but now its gotten a little tricky. Either that or I'm just getting old.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    On a somewhat related note, has anyone ever lost the scoreboard Skyline chili 3 plate guess which one the ball is under thingy?

I never have. They win every time. My wife thinks there is one under each plate. It used to be easy but now its gotten a little tricky. Either that or I'm just getting old.
    I have seen it twice at GABP. One when it was REALLY simple. This year and last year they have made it far more difficult than it used to be to follow along.

High five!

All I can say it, that's a long way to hit the ball.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Adam Dunn's HR off Jose Mesa actually went *over* the truck didn't it?

Larosa's CEO is asking how he gets the Toyota deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (05-17-2013),sdwagers (05-19-2013),Wonderful Monds (05-17-2013)

Haunted by walks

Wally Post led the league with 16 Siebler Suits.

14. Likes:

Always Red (05-17-2013),RichRed (05-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Bounced off the roof of the batters eye, where the riverboat deck is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It was Jose Lima.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

camisadelgolf (05-18-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wasn't it Todd Frazier who hit a HR earlier this year that went off the Riverboat Deck in center field? If that had been slightly to the left of the deck, it probably would have come darn close to hitting that truck. That HR was an absolute bomb!

Joey split the uprights of the Power Stacks w/a HR a few years ago so that sign is definitely going to be easier for a player to hit than the truck but dang, the placement has to be JUST right and you can't predict or plan for that at all.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

19. Likes:

sdwagers (05-19-2013)

All the more reason to trade for Mike Stanton. Imagine giving away a truck with a ball shaped hole in the fender.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    IIRC the Reds had a different giveaway years ago. Basically they'd choose 4 names in one inning of each game, with the first four batters in the inning representing each respective name chosen. If the batter homered the person would get a gift certificate or something, but if the player hit a grand slam (which meant the first 3 batters reached and the fourth hit the home run) then that fan would win a car. I believe the car at the time was a Corvette from Schott Chevrolet. You can see where this is going. Well, the inning was chosen, the fourth batter up was Eric Davis. First three players reached and Davis jacked it for the grand slam. Apparently, Marge was apoplectic that she actually had to make good on the contest and give away a Corvette.

I think this is the game.
    The big payoff inning. A single got you a couple tickets and it went up from there. I think Kroger gift cards were included with the tickets as well.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?