Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are the Reds one of the best teams in the MLB right now?

Re: Are the Reds one of the best teams in the MLB right now?

Yes we are one of the best teams in baseball. But the short list of teams to beat in the NL still starts, IMHO, with the Giants and the Cardinals. We had a chance in the playoffs last year to change that. We came close but didn't get it done. This year I hope we can.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    We are +50 in run differential, best in the NL, and trailing only Texas with +51 in the majors.
    And that's gone with the blowout of the Fathers by the Cards. This is a small example of how run differentials can be somewhat deceptive.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Mets are pretty pitiful. Glad we're winning but the competition is a joke.

We'll see how we do against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and after another easy opponent (Colorado), the Cardinals. If we stumble through that, it will be discouraging. In fact, June is a real test - at Pittburgh, vs. St. Louis, vs. Pitt, at Arizona, at Oakland, at Texas with Colorado, Milwaukee and the Cubs sprinklered in.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    The Cardinals, Reds and Pirates have the 3 best records in the NL.
    And 3 out of the 4 best records in baseball. None of these teams are perfect but think about it this way:

How many fanbases would LOVE to have the 'problems' that the Reds have? Would you rather have any 25 man roster in the NL West than what y'all have? If you answer 'yes', I question your mental stability

THe Reds 25 man is easily better than over 20 other MLB teams, better than 25 IMO - this makes the Reds one of the best teams in baseball

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Team____vs. below .500 teams_____vs. above .500 teams
    Reds________________23-5____________________6-13
    Cards_______________16-7____________________14-9
    Pirates______________17-12___________________12-6

Starting this weekend through July 4th
    Team____________games vs. below .500 teams_________games vs. above .500 teams
    Reds____________________________10________________ ______________29
    Cards___________________________22________________ ______________16
    Pirates__________________________20_______________ _______________17

Tough stretch ahead for the Reds. This will tell us a lot.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 05-24-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?