Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man being evicted by his daughter, from his own home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Man being evicted by his daughter, from his own home

The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Re: Man being evicted by his daughter, from his own home

sad.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Wow what a witch. I hope karma comes triple for her. What a useless waste of air. To treat your father like that... I hope theres something that can be done by senior or vet groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Since she came to have the deed through an illegal means (POA) shouldn't that nullify anything going forward because the initial act itself was not a legal transfer?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Newsforage.com? Any real sites covering this?

Something seems odd to me about this, I could be wrong. I do always think it's a good idea to start a little suspicious when there's fundraising going on.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Newsforage.com? Any real sites covering this?

Something seems odd to me about this, I could be wrong. I do always think it's a good idea to start a little suspicious when there's fundraising going on.
    The story is quite confusing overall. It's not clear as to why the lady wishes to evict her father. It could be to move him into an assisted living facility, where he might be better taken care of.

A 92 year old living alone is maybe not the best idea, even if that is what he wants. The elderly can be very testy and stubborn about things.
    I had a tough time getting my parents to go into an ALF even though it was evident they needed help.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Not on snopes. My suspicion, though, is that it's fake.

Nevermind. I see the story is on abc.com. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/91-ye...ry?id=19134306

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not on snopes. My suspicion, though, is that it's fake.

Nevermind. I see the story is on abc.com. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/91-ye...ry?id=19134306
    I have my suspicions that this situation isn't all it's cracked up to be. Why would a 92 yr old have to buy the home outright? The home's not for sale so obviously the daughter doesn't need money right away. Seems to me he only needs enough money to rent it and he's raised more than enough for that. I sure wouldn't send money for something like this but it goes to show a lot of people do. If any more updates come out of this, please post it here

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I have my suspicions that this situation isn't all it's cracked up to be. Why would a 92 yr old have to buy the home outright? The home's not for sale so obviously the daughter doesn't need money right away. Seems to me he only needs enough money to rent it and he's raised more than enough for that. I sure wouldn't send money for something like this but it goes to show a lot of people do. If any more updates come out of this, please post it here
    He shouldn't have to rent it in the first place, it should still be his.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    He shouldn't have to rent it in the first place, it should still be his.
    No question, but this still sounds fishy to me. There's no guarantee that the daughter will sell the house to him for any price. Given his age, I wouldn't be surprised if the house is never bought back from the daughter and if it is it surely won't be put in his name. Seems to me this disfunctional family just made over $100G.

Seems to me this disfunctional family just made over $100G.
    This was basically my thought. Easy scam, easy money once publicity was generated.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

http://www.gofundme.com/GrandpaJohnJPotter

They raised $137,661 so far.

So now Grandpa pays daughter and gets house. Daughter gets money.
    Over 5,000 well-wishers are out of over 137 grand.

Maybe not a scam, but the ending isn't really fair.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

There are a lot of home care options for people to get care at home instead of having to go to a facility. She's been selling off his property by small chunks for a while, so it strikes me that her motive is probably nothing more than money.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Old dude has a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/GrandpaJohnJPotter

Apparently they have raised the $125,000 for Grandpa to buy this house from the evil daughter.

If not for previous legal proceedings this would be a bit fishy.

The cynic in me doesn't like it. But the kid in me wants frosted mini wheats.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?