Turn Off Ads?

Thread: June 9th Bame Time Moved To 8:05

June 9th Bame Time Moved To 8:05

I just read that the 1:10 start time scheduled for June 9th has been moved back to 8:05.

This is incredibly frustrating for fans. The Reds market these games as "family days" and many (including me) travel from significant distances to attend these day games because they work for young children. An 8:05 first pitch is not very family-friendly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: June 9th Bame Time Moved To 8:05

Well, at least it won't be sweltering hot with it being at night. That's a good thing. Just try and make everyone sleep in a bit that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
    I just read that the 1:10 start time scheduled for June 9th has been moved back to 8:05.

This is incredibly frustrating for fans. The Reds market these games as "family days" and many (including me) travel from significant distances to attend these day games because they work for young children. An 8:05 first pitch is not very family-friendly.
    You know why the move right? Its all about the TV monies

Well, I hate that it inconveniences posters a la the OP, but I really enjoy watching ESPN's Sunday Night baseball telecasts and especially love it when the Reds get an opportunity to one of the chosen games, so I actually like this.

Not to mention the fact that I FAR prefer night games to day games anyways. For example, I usually dread it when I know we are going to Wrigley to play a series due to the fact that they play so many day games there. I fully understand the "business day get-away" games and why those are scheduled as such, but the fewer day games per season, the overall happier baseball fan I am. Also, the fact that nearly all of the Sunday games are day games is fine with me as well, as I know that I will have a night game to enjoy on ESPN later on.

Just something about kicking back, relaxing and watching a night game that has always really appealed to me more than a day game. Regardless of whether I am attending the game in person or merely watching on TV. And being approximately 3 hrs. away, I def. watch more games on TV vs. in person.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I might go to that bame.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 05-19-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Rather it be moved to ESPN than FOX. I never get to see the FOX games here in the DC area.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Re: June 9th Game Time Moved To 8:05

Bumping this thread to remind the fans attending the game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?