Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Garcia to DL

Salukifan2

Re: Garcia to DL

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Maybe he simply reads the internet?

There was some suspicion last year when Shelby Miller was throwing about 5 MPH slower than normal in the first half of the year.

And in spring training this year, he was actually shut down for a short period for what they called "lingering shoulder tightness".
    If he reads the internet then he knows that everyone attributes his drop in velocity last season to the massive weight loss he had prior to the season. Yes he was shut down in spring training for less than a business week because his shoulder was sore. That is not a major cause for concern.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    If he reads the internet then he knows that everyone attributes his drop in velocity last season to the massive weight loss he had prior to the season. Yes he was shut down in spring training for less than a business week because his shoulder was sore. That is not a major cause for concern.
    I believe the commenty as that "he had never been injured in his life".

He was shut down with a sore sholder.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    Curious.

Shelby Miller has never been injured in his life, not even in high school. Not sure why you would opine that he will be injured anytime soon.

Are you an orthopedic surgeon ? A pitching coach ? Or something else ?
    Obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

But if you must truly know, I was just making a crack and I chose Miller due to another poster mentioning his (allegedly) poor mechanics the other day. But yes, it was a joke.

Gast has 4 shutout innings for the cardinals. Looks about as unimpressive as Matt Maloney was a few years ago. Just throws slop and hitters cannot figure out to go the other way with him until at least 3 AB's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Gast has 4 shutout innings for the cardinals. Looks about as unimpressive as Matt Maloney was a few years ago. Just throws slop and hitters cannot figure out to go the other way with him until at least 3 AB's in.
    Gast has better overall stuff than Maloney, better fastball, both had good curves.

But I agree he's really not a guy you want in your rotation. He's a nice middle reliever, but you're lucky to get five good innings from him as a starter.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Gast pitched 5 great innings again and start getting hit in the 6th AGAIN. Maness (who will NOT take Garcia's place) is now getting lit up.

Wasach will NOT be coming up. They have another kid who's name I don't know that is mowing them down in Memphis.

The kid's name is Lyon I think. This Maness needs to go down!
    Last edited by Magdal; 05-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Gast pitched 5 great innings again and start getting hit in the 6th AGAIN. Maness (who will NOT take Garcia's place) is now getting lit up.

Wasach will NOT be coming up. They have another kid who's name I don't know that is mowing them down in Memphis.
    The Brewers had him in the 1st and Gomez.....as he will do...swings at pitches outside...way outside the zone and then looks out at him like... This is what you have?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Lyons hasn't been mowing anyone down, and never has. He's sporting a 4.47 ERA, and is a lefty soft tosser like Gast.

Lyons isn't mowing anyone down anywhere. He's only getting a spot start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Lyons isn't mowing anyone down anywhere. He's only getting a spot start.
    OK....then he's not the guy I heard discussed in the pre-game show. Maybe it was acually Wasach they were talking about.

OK....then he's not the guy I heard discussed in the pre-game show. Maybe it was acually Wasach they were talking about.
    it's Wacha, not Wasach

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Maybe he simply reads the internet?

There was some suspicion last year when Shelby Miller was throwing about 5 MPH slower than normal in the first half of the year.

And in spring training this year, he was actually shut down for a short period for what they called "lingering shoulder tightness".
    During the winter of 2011-12, Miller took off about 20 lbs. He came into camp with what Matheny called a " surfers body ". He had a lousy 1st half of the year, but once he put the weight back on he was dominant.

Everybody has ailments in spring training. I believe they sat him for a few days and he was fine.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

They don't want to bring Wacha up, they want him to get used to pitching in a 5 man rotation. Plus, if he comes up before June 15th, he becomes a potential super 2. The Cardinals don't want to lose that extra year.

I wasn't / am not a fan of Rosenthal in the pen. I was hoping they would leave him in Memphis to stretch him out in case another starter was needed.

Martinez can't start yet, he had visa troubles and just got to the states in mid March, so he missed spring training. Lyons will get a start or two until Westbrook is back. If Westbrook has a setback, who knows.

One thing's for sure, with Gast and Lyons in the rotation, they better have a couple arms in the bullpen that can go at least 2 innings.

15. Likes:

OGB (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

But if you must truly know, I was just making a crack and I chose Miller due to another poster mentioning his (allegedly) poor mechanics the other day. But yes, it was a joke.
    No biggie, I saw the same post in another thread and was just clarifying. I learned a long time ago that sports blogs are entertainment.

Stat geek...and proud
    Is every pitcher on my fantasy team going to get hurt this year?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Turn Off Ads?