Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hug your loved one(s)

Hug your loved one(s)

To make a long story short, yesterday Mrs. fan was on her way to work. On I-285, she was behind a pickup truck that was pulling a trailer of construction supplies. A sheet of plywood flipped off the trailer, went airborne, and smashed into her windshield.

Through nothing less than divine intervention, she's 100% fine. A doctor neighbor pulled a few small slivers of glass out of her left hand. Considering the amount of glass that was all over the inside of her car, it's astonishing to say the least.

It boggles my mind that her windshield didn't completely shatter. But it didn't. It probably should have. The fact that it held together undoubtedly saved her life.

I was there when the tow truck arrived. The driver took a look at the outside, then the inside of her car. He asked how the wreck occurred, and what happened to anyone who was in the car. I pointed to my wife, who was sitting in my car & talking on her cellphone to the insurance company. He looked at me, looked at her, then looked back at me and said,

"Damn. Y'all are blessed beyond words today."

Reality slapped us in the face pretty hard yesterday with a reminder of just how quickly everything you've ever known can be turned upside down and inside out. My advice to each of you is to go find the people in your lives who mean the world to you. Put your arms around them, squeeze them tightly, and say the things you've been too busy or too distracted to say.

Then repeat it. Often.

2. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (06-09-2013),Cyclone792 (06-11-2013),foxfire123 (06-11-2013),jimbo (06-08-2013),Joseph (06-09-2013),marcshoe (06-08-2013),mdccclxix (06-13-2013),medford (06-10-2013),mth123 (06-14-2013),New York Red (06-10-2013),oneupper (06-09-2013),Raisor (06-12-2013),Razor Shines (06-09-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (06-09-2013),reds44 (06-09-2013),redsfanmia (06-09-2013),redsmetz (06-10-2013),remdog (06-09-2013),Revering4Blue (06-09-2013),WildcatFan (06-09-2013),WVRed (06-12-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Hug your loved one(s)

Wow. Count your blessings. I was in a wreck 20 years ago that should have killed me and didn't. Things like that have a way of making you appreciate life more.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

15fan, it sure sounds like someone was watching over your wife. I'm glad she's ok.

Just another reminder that, in a New York minute, everything can change so make sure to NOT take things for granted.

The Undertoad is always out there lurking. You never know when he'll raise his head.

Glad everyone is OK.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

So glad to hear she is safe. Had a similar experience several years ago with my wife. Really puts it all in perspective.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Thank God she's safe.

Hubby was in a wreck 12 years ago that should have killed him. Broke his left leg in 3 places, 3 ribs, and serious chest/lung contusions. Nothing chills you to the bone more than overhearing the ER doc say that 99 times out of 100, a person with chest contusions like his ruptures their aorta....

Very glad she was OK. You are right about hugging your loved ones when leave every day. You never know what can happen when you venture out into the world.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I concur. Just found out my 40 year old niece, perhaps one of the worlds healthiest human beings, has breast cancer. Two little ones, 3 and 7.

Ya just never know.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Glad your wife is ok!

285 is horrible. I was the victim of a hit and run driver and left for dead a few years ago. My car folded up like a cheap suit, just like it was supposed to and saved my life with only a twisted wrist.

Turn Off Ads?