Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

  1. #16
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    When Ludwick comes back all of this will be mute. I don't care who bats second as long as they keep winning.
    It depends on how ludwick does when he returns. He's 37, will be rusty, and is dealing with an injury that could effect his swing and power. I wish him the best but I'm not holding my breathe.

  2. Likes:

    kfm (05-21-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    This may not be popular on here, but I think Dusty should just move up Votto to 2nd behind Choo, Phillips 3rd and Bruce 4th. Why not have your best players get the most AB's in a game?

  5. #18
    Member Rantly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Delaware oh
    Posts
    108

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    This may not be popular on here, but I think Dusty should just move up Votto to 2nd behind Choo, Phillips 3rd and Bruce 4th. Why not have your best players get the most AB's in a game?
    Its popular with me, See my Thread 5/9
    Although the last couple of games Cozart has hit well

  6. #19
    Member Rantly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Delaware oh
    Posts
    108

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    It especially irks me when Cozart sits out and Izterus bats 2nd, he did that last year with Valdez, Cairo etc.

  7. #20
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    Its popular with me, See my Thread 5/9
    Although the last couple of games Cozart has hit well
    I used to advocate moving Votto up to 2nd in the order.

    But with Paul having an OBP of .400, I'd let him hit second against righties. Who cares if it's lefty, lefty, lefty.........well, besides Dusty.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  8. Likes:

    RedlegJake (05-23-2013)

  9. #21
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5,674

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Vottomatic. I can just see your s/n and almost bet we'll be in agreement whatever you post about.

  10. #22
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I used to advocate moving Votto up to 2nd in the order.

    But with Paul having an OBP of .400, I'd let him hit second against righties. Who cares if it's lefty, lefty, lefty.........well, besides Dusty.
    I'm going with this. The only thing about Paul that scares me us his defense but at the plate thus far you really can't argue against him.

    I really like what lutz has shown in left too. So that would be a concern. As a prospect he needs playing time to continue to develop.

  11. #23
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    When I tell Uncle Dusty about the haters on here, he does all this stuff to just make all you experts mad

  12. Likes:

    Don Cameron (05-29-2013)

  13. #24
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I'm going with this. The only thing about Paul that scares me us his defense but at the plate thus far you really can't argue against him.

    I really like what lutz has shown in left too. So that would be a concern. As a prospect he needs playing time to continue to develop.
    I like what I've seen from Lutz so far too. But I also feel if he's in the long term plans of development maybe he should be back at Louisville playing every day.

    I also wonder if he's being showcased for a trade.

    Not sure who brought it up, maybe you..........but I would like to see Felix Perez maybe come up and show us what he's got. He's been batting over .300 for awhile now and really has nothing left to prove at Louisville. He isn't on the 40-man, but they could release Freeman to make room for him.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  14. #25
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I like what I've seen from Lutz so far too. But I also feel if he's in the long term plans of development maybe he should be back at Louisville playing every day.

    I also wonder if he's being showcased for a trade.

    Not sure who brought it up, maybe you..........but I would like to see Felix Perez maybe come up and show us what he's got. He's been batting over .300 for awhile now and really has nothing left to prove at Louisville. He isn't on the 40-man, but they could release Freeman to make room for him.
    I'm thinking along the same lines as you on lutz. If you wanted to deal with guys on the 40 man maybe moving up Henry Rodriguez could be an option. Out him at third and Frazier in left. If Rodriguez can prove his value as a hitter, he has a very nice hitting skillset to put second in the order.

    I mentioned Perez earlier. Right now he seems redundant with lutzs and Paul. He does look good in AAA though. Maybe he'll be a reds after a move come the deadline.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 05-24-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  15. #26
    Custodial Engineer Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    It depends on how ludwick does when he returns. He's 37, will be rusty, and is dealing with an injury that could effect his swing and power. I wish him the best but I'm not holding my breathe.
    I feel the same way.

    Even when/If Ludwick returns, I doubt he will hit the ground running.

    I would be happy if Ludwick was got back to being healthy enough to offer a good bat off the bench. But I'm not even holding my breath for that.
    "And why do false truths persist, getting passed down the decades as if they were fact? It comes back to the same point: People believe things that are wrong because, individually, people rarely investigate their own beliefs, particularly when what they believe makes sense intuitively. Even more so when those around them agree with them." -K.F.

  16. #27
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I feel the same way.

    Even when/If Ludwick returns, I doubt he will hit the ground running.

    I would be happy if Ludwick was got back to being healthy enough to offer a good bat off the bench. But I'm not even holding my breath for that.
    I'm with you guys. I don't expect much from Ludwick when he gets back.

    Many posters on Redszone are expecting a lot from him, as if he'll return and not miss a beat. I beg to differ. I'm concerned that management thinks the same way. I'm hopeful a trade will be made to bolster cleanup/LF.

    I posted a new thread on the ORG showing the toughness of the upcoming schedule through July 4th. Reds have one of the toughest.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  17. #28
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'm with you guys. I don't expect much from Ludwick when he gets back.

    Many posters on Redszone are expecting a lot from him, as if he'll return and not miss a beat. I beg to differ. I'm concerned that management thinks the same way. I'm hopeful a trade will be made to bolster cleanup/LF.

    I posted a new thread on the ORG showing the toughness of the upcoming schedule through July 4th. Reds have one of the toughest.
    I'd like to see him do a lot, but you have to be realistic too. The reds schedule does get much tougher through July 4th. I'm glad cueto is back that should help, but I think the reds have to pick up the level of hitting as compared to the last time they went through a tough stretch of schedule.

  18. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    73

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    What is wrong with Cozart hitting second and Brandon Phillips hitting in the clean-up spot? This batting order is working well. There is no reason to change.

    Don Cameron
    A true lover of all things Holy

  19. #30
    TheBlownLead tbl20's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: Dusty and 2nd spot in order

    I have to agree with you, but it looks like Cozart might be starting to turn it around. Remember how brilliant he was in a short span two years ago? And last year he was in the rookie of the year discussion for a while. I think he has the potential to be our number 2 hitter, and hopefully he is finally showing us.

    www.theblownlead.com


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25