Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the Reds in Oakland, any recommendations?

Seeing the Reds in Oakland, any recommendations?

I'm seeing the Reds in Oakland at the end of June (both games). I've been to AT+T Park a few times, but have never been over the bridge to see the A's play.

Any recommendations for places to go before or after the game? Anyone else going to be there?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Seeing the Reds in Oakland, any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm seeing the Reds in Oakland at the end of June (both games). I've been to AT+T Park a few times, but have never been over the bridge to see the A's play.

Any recommendations for places to go before or after the game? Anyone else going to be there?

Been there hundreds of times.

Nothing around there at all, it's in the middle of the Hood and near the Airport, take the Bart and go to Rockridge, Jack London Square, Downtown Oakland.

Rockridge is a great place to grab some eats and beer and get on the Bart (you'll need to change trains)

4. Likes:

Cursh14 (05-27-2013),Number_Fourteen (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Rockridge is a great place to grab some eats and beer and get on the Bart (you'll need to change trains)
    I have a friend who lives in Rockridge, so that's a definite possibility.

Lock your car.

7. Likes:

MrRedLegger (05-25-2013)

Cover your eyes- the Reds usually stink up the joint when playing the A's in interleague play.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Personally, I'd recommend you bring a human shield. Preferably someone you don't care much for. You know...a Cubs or Cards fan.

10. Likes:

remdog (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Lock your car.
    In any city that has a MLB team

I thought Rockridge was destroyed by Heddy (that's Hedley) Lamarr's gang? Oh that's right, it was the fake Rockridge.
    Let's play two!!!

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-25-2013),Big Klu (05-25-2013),Chip R (05-25-2013)

Rockridge, Rockridge, splendid!
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

16. Likes:

Big Klu (05-25-2013)

Lois the Pie Queen serves great comfort food, and the Brick Pig's House is a nice BBQ joint (bring stretch pants). Delicious & authentic Sicilian in Berkeley @ Lo Coco's, or Chez Panisse, for a refined palate not on a budget.

Don't get seats in the second deck, front row. It seems the fans use the small path in front of those seats to transverse the stadium. They will block your view when they are not tripping over your feet.

And, yeah, definitely nothing worth seeing around the Coliseum. Make toward your car or the BART and head north/north-west.

I went to a game there back in 2007 when my band was touring the west coast (hit up most of the Cali ballparks sans the Angels park which I still have not been to - but hey, I DID see a "Midland Angels" game back in the 80s ) and I thought that park was pretty much a dump. And yeah, the immediate area where it is located is not the greatest.

So yeah, I know I'm not adding much to this thread or answering any specific questions...just making a couple of general thoughts per se.

I hope within the next few years I'll be able to say that I have been to every MLB park. Off the top of my head, I still need to see games @ the following parks:

AL Teams:
    Rogers Centre (Blue Jays)
    Target Field (Twins)
    Angels Stadium of Anaheim

NL Teams:
    Marlins Park (I never saw a game @ Sun Life either) - also, speaking of Marlins Park, I have heard some folks comment as to how "ugly" it is, but personally speaking I actually really LIKE their new park.

Wrigley (believe it or not, I have NEVER been to a game @ Wrigley...had many chances, but something else always seemed to come up last minute)

Chase Field (Diamondbacks) - I really look forward to seeing a game there someday - really like the way the park looks with the pool and all out in the outfield area.

Coors Field (Rockies)

...I *think* that covers all of the parks I have still yet to visit in person, though it is possible I am forgetting one or two.

San Francisco.

As WOY states....scary around the stadium.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

22. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (05-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?