Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2013

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    The deal is a no brainer. The Nets gave up nothing but draft picks that will be in the 20-30 range. Makes little sense for Boston since they took on Wallace's salary.

However, I think it really hurts the Nets defensively, and losing Reggie Evans energy and rebounding is a minus as well. Pierce looks like he doesn't have any tread left on his tires. They'll have to keep KG's minutes down during the regular season to get the most out of him in the playoffs.

I might revisit the Lopez - Dwight trade again. Lopez bad foot scares me, and adding a defensive/rebounding/shot blocker in the middle is just what the jump shooting Nets could use.
    From what I'm hearing, the deal is now Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, MarShon Brooks, a signed-and-traded Keith Bogans, Kris Joseph, three first-round draft picks (2014, 2016, 2018), and the right to swap first-round picks in 2017 to the Boston Celtics for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry. So Reggie Evans is still a Net.

I think Pierce can still play at a high level, but he's not 'the' guy anymore. Which is fine, because they won't need him to be that in Brooklyn.

I personally have very little interest in D-12 at this time. The Lakers expected Howard to be the defensive/rebounding/shot blocker for them, but they didn't get that. And I think he's immature.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    The deal is a no brainer. The Nets gave up nothing but draft picks that will be in the 20-30 range. Makes little sense for Boston since they took on Wallace's salary.
    Boston's primary strategy appears to be, tank badly enough to end up with a high lottery pick in next year's strong draft. Although they're saying otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondo gone soon.

It's hard to say about the draft picks, but if the Nets only get a couple of good years out of Garnett/Pierce and then slide, the '16 and '18 unprotected picks could be worth something. Taking back Wallace's salary was just the cost of making it all happen, I guess.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The Bobcats/Hornets fans are ready to be patient with Zeller and give him a chance to succeed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...dy-zeller-pick

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-29-2013)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Tim Hardaway Jr. is a solid pick.

Solomon Hill, OTOH, is a decent pick, albeit higher than most prognosticators pegged him. I'm thinking that Indiana is loading up on SFs because a trade is coming.
    Enlighten me. Granger?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Enlighten me. Granger?
    With Granger's soon-to-be expiring contract a coveted commodity, the thought crossed my mind.

But, as of right now, I'm not so sure that Hill, in addition to serving as insurance in case Granger doesn't return to form as a Pacer, wasn't drafted under the assumption that Granger may be spending some time at the 4 position, especially if "Psycho T" isn't retained -- i.e the Pacers may not be able to resign both West and Hansbrough.

We will see.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

With Granger's soon-to-be expiring contract a coveted commodity, the thought crossed my mind.

But, as of right now, I'm not so sure that Hill, in addition to serving as insurance in case Granger doesn't return to form as a Pacer, wasn't drafted under the assumption that Granger may be spending some time at the 4 position, especially if "Psycho T" isn't retained -- i.e the Pacers may not be able to resign both West and Hansbrough.

We will see.

Understood.

Whether LeBron ever ends up being a better player than MJ is debatable, but there is no doubt LeBron would make a better GM.

Cody Zeller over Nerlens Noel and Ben McLemore?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Joseph (06-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Whether LeBron ever ends up being a better player than MJ is debatable, but there is no doubt LeBron would make a better GM.

Yeah it looks terrible right now doesn't it? Not one NBA season in the books yet, let alone one game for any of the three. But yet the selection is debatable. Greatness is not made by who you drafted, but rather how those picks turn out in the near future and then some. Hind sight is always 20/20. Foresight is something that most of us lack.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Of all of the teams in the lottery, Charlotte was/is, IMO, by far the absolute worst fit for Noel. The Bobcats/Hornets didn't need another offensively-challenged big man. Noel is much, much better off in Philly, where he will be able to spend much off his time at PF while his body matures.

McLemore? Maybe. While a Henderson/McLemore tag-team at SG would have been a positive move for a franchise that will - barring a miracle -- be back in
    a perceived loaded lottery next year, it wouldn't have helped to solve the main on-court issue for the franchise.

Let's face it, to even reach the point where the franchise feels comfortable opening games to the public, the franchise needed to address the biggest team woe: lack of front court scoring.

I still maintain that Bennett would have been the best fit for Charlotte, but he was obviously off the board. So, if I'm GM Rich Cho, it's down to Len or Zeller, and for the many compelling reason to draft Len, Zeller may prove to be the best fit. Here's why:

Even if the team winds up with Wiggins or a player of his caliber following next year's draft, MKG is still a major cog in the wheel for this franchise, and it is a MUST that he reaches his apex offensively, as often times last season opposing teams didn't really guard the Bobcats PF, preferring to place a PF on MKG, limiting low post moves/drives to the hoop in which MKG was moderately successful.

With Zeller in the fold serving as a stretch 4, more driving lanes should be available for MKG and company. In short, Zeller's presence should really elevate MKG's game, especially as MKG's outside shot improves, as I believe that it will. Not to mention, Zeller should also present an actual pick-and-roll/pick-and-pop option for Kemba Walker, giving the offense another wrinkle.
    Of course, much depends on whether or not Zeller can actually perform all of the above in a game situation. But, from a strategical/team structural standpoint, arguing against the selection of Zeller seems shortsighted, IMO.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

We will see.
    Granger as a 4 really? I think Danny will come off the bench next year and be 2/3 man. West will be back and Hansbrough is gone.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Granger as a 4 really? I think Danny will come off the bench next year and be 2/3 man. West will be back and Hansbrough is gone.
    I can't imagine Danny accepting a role off the bench.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Oh, I agree that Granger should be utilized in the manner that you suggest. But I also can see on occasion against smaller lineups (read: Miami) 6' 7" Hill and the 6'9" Granger at the forwards with Paul George playing big guard. Otherwise, why draft another SF if one(Granger) isn't going to be traded, especially with sharpshooters like Crabbe and Bullock still on the draft board?

Razor, Granger has already stated that he's fine with a sixth-man role, which is good news.

Oh, I agree that Granger should be utilized in the manner that you suggest. But I also can see on occasion against smaller lineups (read: Miami) 6' 7" Hill and the 6'9" Granger at the forwards with Paul George playing big guard. Otherwise, why draft another SF if one(Granger) isn't going to be traded, especially with sharpshooters like Crabbe and Bullock still on the draft board?

Razor, Granger has already stated that he's fine with a sixth-man role, which is good news.
    All I know is that the Pacers starting unit is solid. But when the second unit comes in they are out manned. Anything to solidify the bench works for me.

Of all of the teams in the lottery, Charlotte was/is, IMO, by far the absolute worst fit for Noel. The Bobcats/Hornets didn't need another offensively-challenged big man. Noel is much, much better off in Philly, where he will be able to spend much off his time at PF while his body matures.

McLemore? Maybe. While a Henderson/McLemore tag-team at SG would have been a positive move for a franchise that will - barring a miracle -- be back in
    a perceived loaded lottery next year, it wouldn't have helped to solve the main on-court issue for the franchise.

Let's face it, to even reach the point where the franchise feels comfortable opening games to the public, the franchise needed to address the biggest team woe: lack of front court scoring.

I still maintain that Bennett would have been the best fit for Charlotte, but he was obviously off the board. So, if I'm GM Rich Cho, it's down to Len or Zeller, and for the many compelling reason to draft Len, Zeller may prove to be the best fit. Here's why:

Even if the team winds up with Wiggins or a player of his caliber following next year's draft, MKG is still a major cog in the wheel for this franchise, and it is a MUST that he reaches his apex offensively, as often times last season opposing teams didn't really guard the Bobcats PF, preferring to place a PF on MKG, limiting low post moves/drives to the hoop in which MKG was moderately successful.

With Zeller in the fold serving as a stretch 4, more driving lanes should be available for MKG and company. In short, Zeller's presence should really elevate MKG's game, especially as MKG's outside shot improves, as I believe that it will. Not to mention, Zeller should also present an actual pick-and-roll/pick-and-pop option for Kemba Walker, giving the offense another wrinkle.
    Of course, much depends on whether or not Zeller can actually perform all of the above in a game situation. But, from a strategical/team structural standpoint, arguing against the selection of Zeller seems shortsighted, IMO.
    Great analysis!

I live in charlotte and I have not talked to one bobcat fan that has not hated this pick, including myself (I asked myself 2 nights ago). To me it just comes down to the fact I don't think zeller is good enough to be a starter in the nba. He tends to get pushed around by other big men, which really was apparent in the NCAA tourney. Against top flight talent in the nba I expect the same. On the local radio they were saying the drafted him because Patrick Ewing was impressed by his three point shooting in the workout. I remember 10 years ago joe dumars gave the same reason when he drafted Darko milicic over wade, Carmelo, bosh, etc.

This team is just horribly ran, leading up to the draft there were rumors they were trying to unload MKG. Lets give the teenager a chance before we give up on him, shall we? It is nice they will have a top pick next season, hopefully number 1!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Great analysis!

I live in charlotte and I have not talked to one bobcat fan that has not hated this pick, including myself (I asked myself 2 nights ago). To me it just comes down to the fact I don't think zeller is good enough to be a starter in the nba. He tends to get pushed around by other big men, which really was apparent in the NCAA tourney. Against top flight talent in the nba I expect the same. On the local radio they were saying the drafted him because Patrick Ewing was impressed by his three point shooting in the workout. I remember 10 years ago joe dumars gave the same reason when he drafted Darko milicic over wade, Carmelo, bosh, etc.

This team is just horribly ran, leading up to the draft there were rumors they were trying to unload MKG. Lets give the teenager a chance before we give up on him, shall we? It is nice they will have a top pick next season, hopefully number 1!
    As an IU fan the simple fact is we were told "Z" could shoot from the outside. However the Hoosier team didn't need him in that capacity. Zeller did get pushed around but quite frankly he had no help whatsoever from the team. He was the only post player they had. Time will tell.

Turn Off Ads?