Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft 2013

Re: NBA Draft 2013

Barry's kid is heading to Atlanta.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Crap - - I knew it. Lark to Hawks
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I am hoping Larkin falls to Knicks but I think Hawks take with one of next two picks
    You called it. Larkin is going to Dallas, though.

As for the Knicks, they can go in any number of directions.

Isaiah Canaan is no slouch as a point guard and he should be there at #24.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    You called it. Larkin is going to Dallas, though.

As for the Knicks, they can go in any number of directions.

Isaiah Canaan is no slouch as a point guard and he should be there at #24.
    From what I have read Knicks don't like Canaan too much. They prob go swing now. As a Carolina fan I wouldn't mind Bullock going there.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Noel not number one? There might be a reason the Cavs are as bad as they are sans the LeBron years.
    I'm as high on Noel as anyone, but I cannot argue with Bennett at #1. Cleveland desperately needed a forward who can score, and they drafted one with a very high (a better ball-handling Larry Johnson) ceiling.

As I typed this, sharpshooting Sergey Karasev is also heading to Cleveland.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-27-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    From what I have read Knicks don't like Canaan too much. They prob go swing now. As a Carolina fan I wouldn't mind Bullock going there.
    Bullock would be a GREAT choice.

I'm really bummed that the Pacers will not be reuniting the Plumlee brothers.

NOT!

Tim Hardaway to Knicks. Not bad.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Tim Hardaway Jr. is a solid pick.

Solomon Hill, OTOH, is a decent pick, albeit higher than most prognosticators pegged him. I'm thinking that Indiana is loading up on SFs because a trade is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!
    Kevin Garnett has agreed to waive his no-trade clause, clinching an agreement on a trade that will land Paul Pierce, Garnett and Jason Terry with the Brooklyn Nets, sources close to the process told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Thursday night.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...ul-pierce-deal

Can anyone on the Nets dunk? They might set an NBA record for jump shots in a single season.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I'm pretty pumped about the deal. I was really hoping the Nets could get Pierce this offseason, the fact that they're getting KG too and it's essentially costing only draft picks is icing on the cake.

I just wish Joe Johnson would cease to exist...
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Noel not number one? There might be a reason the Cavs are as bad as they are sans the LeBron years.
    The Cavs desperately need someone else to take the offensive burden off of Irving. Noel sure as hell isn't that guy.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Nice! There's two of us!

Agreed on KCP.

If Kirilenko opts out, I'd decline Cunningham/Steimsma's options and try to acquire Pierce from Boston.

Also, have to match any offer for Pekovic
    Nice! Yeah def gotta keep Pek. I actually liked our draft. Think we will look for a SG in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm pretty pumped about the deal. I was really hoping the Nets could get Pierce this offseason, the fact that they're getting KG too and it's essentially costing only draft picks is icing on the cake.

I just wish Joe Johnson would cease to exist...
    The deal is a no brainer. The Nets gave up nothing but draft picks that will be in the 20-30 range. Makes little sense for Boston since they took on Wallace's salary.

However, I think it really hurts the Nets defensively, and losing Reggie Evans energy and rebounding is a minus as well. Pierce looks like he doesn't have any tread left on his tires. They'll have to keep KG's minutes down during the regular season to get the most out of him in the playoffs.

I might revisit the Lopez - Dwight trade again. Lopez bad foot scares me, and adding a defensive/rebounding/shot blocker in the middle is just what the jump shooting Nets could use.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?