Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft 2013

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA Draft 2013

This is as good a thread as any for NBA off season news.

The Clippers, Suns and Bucks have put together a three-team trade that will send J.J. Redick and Jared Dudley to the Clippers, Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler to the Suns, and the Bucks get two second round picks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
    All three teams apparently get what they wanted in this deal. But, IMHO, the Suns are the clear winner here, as they receive Bledsoe, who, IMO, has more potential than Chris Paul.
    Yes, you read it correctly.

Free agent Kevin Martin has reached agreement on a four year, $28 million deal with Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports.—
    Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 02, 2013
    Couple this with the reported re-signing of Budinger, and it's been a good day for Flip Saunders and the T-Wolves. And that's not even factoring in the T-Wolves solid draft. Now, Pekovic MUST be re-signed.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Wow rev... Bledsoe is good, but Chris Paul is the best point guard since Isiah. I do like Bledsoe a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Wow rev... Bledsoe is good, but Chris Paul is the best point guard since Isiah. I do like Bledsoe a lot though.
    Ok, that may be a stretch. But it's not out of the question that Bledsoe will be as valuable as Paul when all is said and done. Bledsoe plays much bigger than his size -- guarding both PGs and SGs. Once his offense catches up with his defense, look out!
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 07-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

What is the consensus on Isaiah Canaan? Just another good college guard? I am having flashbacks to Steve Logan.

Canaan's a fantastic shooter. Hard to tell from watching him waltz all over OVC players whether he's good enough at all the other skills he'll need to be successful in the NBA.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Canaan's a fantastic shooter. Hard to tell from watching him waltz all over OVC players whether he's good enough at all the other skills he'll need to be successful in the NBA.
    On target.

IMO, as of now, he's not really a true point guard.

Here is a half-way decent Canaan scouting report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...houston-rocket

Canaan is from my alma mater, loved watching that kid play. He can shoot the lights out. Size will remain a question for him.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

If the reports that Canaan has a 6'4.5" wingspan are true, size may not be an issue. In fact, some scouts liken him to Vinnie Johnson. Whether or not he reaches that kind of peak/comp is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Couple this with the reported re-signing of Budinger, and it's been a good day for Flip Saunders and the T-Wolves. And that's not even factoring in the T-Wolves solid draft. Now, Pekovic MUST be re-signed.
    Liked the offseason so far! Just resign Pek and get a defensive type wing player and I give it a A+!

Charlotte signs Al Jefferson, which is a good fit for both sides.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Charlotte signs Al Jefferson, which is a good fit for both sides.
    Darn Bobcats. They don't even know how to properly tank for the '14 draft.

Other than that, what's not to like about the Jefferson signing? As an added bonus, colossal bust Tyrus Thomas will be amnestied.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...jefferson.html

Charlotte Bobcats, Al Jefferson come to terms

Last month, Charlotte Bobcats president of basketball operations Rodd Higgins promised to be “ultra-aggressive’’ in pursuing a top-flight free agent this summer.
    Thursday, Higgins delivered, as the Bobcats came to terms with former Utah Jazz center Al Jefferson, who has averaged 16.5 points and nine rebounds over a nine-season NBA career.
    This is the boldest and most expensive free-agent acquisition in the franchise’s decade long history. Sources familiar with the deal say Jefferson will make about $13.5 million per season. The contract length will be two seasons, plus a third season at the 28-year-old Jefferson’s option.

The Bobcats have informed power forward Tyrus Thomas that he will be waived under the NBA’s amnesty provision once the moratorium ends.
    Using amnesty on Thomas means the remaining two seasons and approximately $18 million on Thomas’s contract won’t count against the Bobcats’ salary cap. It’s difficult to precisely calculate the Bobcats’ projected payroll after dropping Thomas and adding Jefferson. But it appears to be roughly $46 million (including Henderson’s qualifying offer as a restricted free agent).
    Next season’s salary cap is projected at about $58.5 million per team.

Here's another interesting agreed-upon three team trade:

New Orleans Pelicans Get

Tyreke Evans, PG
    Jeff Withey, C

Sacramento Kings Get
    Greivis Vasquez, PG

Two second-round picks

Portland Trail Blazers Get

Robin Lopez, C*
    Terrel Harris, SG
    *- Blazers will pay $1,568,999 to cover Lopez's trade kicker
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...ording-sources

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Am I crazy or does Zeller remind anyone else a little of an Amar'e Stoudemire type of player? I'm not sure he will be the explosive finisher that Amar'e was, but he does a lot of the same things.
    I see Zeller's best comp as Pau Gasol - a skilled big man with great touch around the rim who can use both hands effectively but has questions about toughness. I think Zeller is a little more athletic, but Gasol is more versatile. Gasol is a better passer than Zeller. Gasol has also shown a better outside shot than Zeller, but I think Zeller can do that. At the first practice of the season in October, Zeller was draining outside shots in drills. Chad Ford also reported that Zeller was shooting 72% from the 3 point line in drills before the draft, so he has the ability.

It was frustrating that he didn't shoot more from the outside last year. If teams had to guard Zeller farther from the hoop that would have really opened up Indiana's offense.

I was surprised that Zeller went as high as he did because of some of the questions about his toughness. That said, he's definitely a better player than Tyler, and Tyler showed that he can be a pretty good player at the end of last season. He is right now one of the most skilled big men in the NBA, so if he develops more toughness, I think he can be a really good player.

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-26-2013),Revering4Blue (07-05-2013)

Houston Rockets get their man.

The courtship of free-agent center Dwight Howard appears to have finally come to an end on Friday.

The Houston Rockets and Dwight Howard have agreed to terms on a contract, according to a USA Today report.

Turn Off Ads?