Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If his posts are trolling then ban him.

Until then, most will treat them at face value.

If you are implying that I have the power to ban him then you are sorely mistaken.

Though I would think about doing it if I had it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Reds are really hurting right now and both Frazier and Cozart are big reasons why this team has gotten off to such a bad start. Walt better address these issues now before the Cardinals lead keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Although in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Rolen is brought back at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

This Red Truck fella is pure comedy gold.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Red Truck is forum democracy in action...

I for one would be shocked if Rolen came back.

Either this entire thread is sarcasm or I don't understand how to read RedsZone anymore. Seriously?
    Last edited by RedEye; 05-22-2013 at 12:43 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Red Truck is forum democracy in action...
    Hey, everybody wanted to unify the board. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Can Rolen bat second?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

10. Likes:

PedroBourbon (05-22-2013)

Maybe Rolen can take Rickie Ricardo's place and bat second.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Scott Rolen is toast. Why bring up something like this.

90% of Major League players have sophomore slumps. Players can't become who they become unless they are given the opportunity to go through their second full-time season and learn the lessons necessary that every 2nd year player learns, mainly that hitting in the majors is all about learning how to make constant adjustments.

Todd Frazier is doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing. He'll be fine. It's like all the people who think Mike Leake is nothing more than a 5th Starter. He's obviously not. 5th Starters don't accomplish all that he has accomplished since the day he signed his first professional contract. He's been the best pitcher on a team full of great pitchers over the last six weeks, where he has an ERA of 2.20 over his last seven starts while averaging over 6-1/3 IP. No other REDS Pitcher can make that claim. Mike Leake is showing that so many around here jump ship the moment a young player struggles just a little bit. Redzoners need to have some patience and learn a little from Dusty Baker, someone who has been very patient with his players.

I just don't think I would have seen this thread in The Old Red Guard, but it seems to be the norm now.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-22-2013 at 01:17 AM.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (05-22-2013),Revering4Blue (05-22-2013)

Are we seriously asking if a 38 year old with a long injury history and who hit .242/.279/.397 and .245/.318/.398 over his last two season (which combined for about 1 season's worth of PA) would be an improvement over anybody?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

btw Rolen's bat speed is just slow

Classic RedTruck.

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-22-2013),Wonderful Monds (05-22-2013)

RedTruck has crashed:

19. Likes:

PuffyPig (05-22-2013),remdog (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

Although in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Rolen is brought back at some point.
    I think I have seen you mention something about thinking Rolen would be back at some point during this season prior to this thread (though I could be mistaken)?

Regardless, what makes you think (or what would not surprise you) that Rolen will/could be brought back at some point during the season? I just see absolutely NOTHING that would even begin to indicate the need. I can not even begin to believe that Rolen could possibly come back and match Frazier's numbers (underwhelming as one might perceive them to be - personally, I'm okay with Todd thus far and I predict he will improve as the season progresses).

As far as I can tell, Rolen is DONE. I just don't think there are two ways about it. Do I know anything whatsoever about what Rolen has been doing since last season's very unfortunate demise? No. But, judging by how often he was on the DL over the course of the '11 & '12 seasons, as well as by how painfully obvious it was that he had "lost a step" and his bat speed had significantly decreased (not to mention his power), I hold out very little hope that he can or will ever return to MLB in any sort of significant playing role. Now, if the guy was in his late 20's/early 30's, sure. A player as good as Rolen in his prime, I could see it as a possibility for sure. But at 38 yrs. of age, with his history of injury & decrease in ability/skill? You obviously see some sort of possibility therein that I am completely oblivious to.

I mean this post in absolutely NO "negative" way towards you whatsoever (wanted to clarify that just in case it might "read" in any way as such). I'm just honestly curious as to how or why it would not surprise you for the Reds to bring back an old and obviously "diminished" Rolen at any point this season?

(And BTW, if you somehow end up being "correct" and they indeed DO bring Scott back, I might suggest you start a "psychic" service of some sort cause I'll be more than willing and ready to claim you as DAMN GOOD with the ole "intuition" )
    Last edited by mikdavrut; 05-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Turn Off Ads?