Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Frazier has just been atrocious this year. What happened?

For all those people crying for the riddance of Rolen, I'm starting to think that was a bad idea.

At least rolen would've given you gold glove defense, veteran leadership, and would've at least put up a solid slash line (better than frazier at least) in a down year.

Now it looks like Frazier is turning into the dud that he was initially projected to be, and we have no replacement for him..nor Cozart.

LMAO.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Reds are really hurting right now and both Frazier and Cozart are big reasons why this team has gotten off to such a bad start. Walt better address these issues now before the Cardinals lead keeps getting bigger and bigger.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-22-2013),Always Red (05-21-2013),bigredmechanism (05-24-2013)

Atrocious? If you are talking about his recent slump, then I guess you can call it atrocious... But there isn't another part of his game or season that has been atrocious. Frazier's defense has looked great and has not been the weakness many predicted. He's also had some very big hits and some monster games... They all count and Todd Frazier has been a solid contributor to a level that I doubt Scott Rolen could reach at this stage of his career.

6. Likes:

herbdizzle (05-22-2013),remdog (05-22-2013),smixsell (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Frazier has just been atrocious this year. What happened?

For all those people crying for the riddance of Rolen, I'm starting to think that was a bad idea.

At least rolen would've given you gold glove defense, veteran leadership, and would've at least put up a solid slash line (better than frazier at least) in a down year.

Now it looks like Frazier is turning into the dud that he was initially projected to be, and we have no replacement for him..nor Cozart.

LMAO.
    The only thing to LMAO at is the quality of this post. This team is ten games over, and one of the best in baseball. Get a grip.

8. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (05-22-2013),CySeymour (05-22-2013),membengal (05-24-2013),Norm Chortleton (05-22-2013),Number_Fourteen (05-21-2013),OGB (05-22-2013),Old NDN (05-22-2013),OnBaseMachine (05-22-2013),remdog (05-22-2013),smixsell (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Reds are really hurting right now and both Frazier and Cozart are big reasons why this team has gotten off to such a bad start. Walt better address these issues now before the Cardinals lead keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    The Cardinals lead by 1.5 games. Maybe a .5 game after tonight. That's not the definition of "getting bigger and bigger."

High five!

Wow.

Just, wow.

11. Likes:

CySeymour (05-22-2013),Number_Fourteen (05-21-2013),OnBaseMachine (05-22-2013),remdog (05-22-2013),Tom Servo (05-21-2013)

My sarcasm meter is ringing loudly. It better be sarcasm in some of these posts?

13. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (05-21-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Besides the fact that the Reds are on pace for close to 100 wins, and have the best run differential in baseball, the Cards lead is actually shrinking, and currently stands at 1 game.

I'm without speech.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Good grief.

Do these pants make my butt look big?

17. Likes:

OGB (05-22-2013)

BTW, Frazier's OPS this year is as good as Rolen's last year.

Boom.

19. Likes:

remdog (05-22-2013),smixsell (05-22-2013)

"Such a bad start" is a strong phrase for a team with the second best record in the NL. I'm not worried about Frazier. He claims he was out of sync for the last few weeks and has done better this series, so I'm encouraged. Even with his slump, he's got an OPS north of .700 and has played solid defense.

It's also not hard to beat a guy who isn't playing baseball.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Cline makes a very nice everyday red table wine called Red Truck.

I highly recommend it.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Do these pants make my butt look big?
    Not at all.

Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Just when you think that the threads have sunk to the lowest possible level, along comes another one which defies the odds.

I know believe that there isn't a bottom here.

Just when you think you've hit bottom, along comes a poster with an excavator who digs us down even further.

24. Likes:

Billy Hamilton's Legs (05-22-2013),CySeymour (05-22-2013),hebroncougar (05-22-2013),Homer Bailey (05-22-2013),Number_Fourteen (05-21-2013),OnBaseMachine (05-22-2013),RedEye (05-23-2013),RedsBrick (05-23-2013),redsmetz (05-22-2013),remdog (05-22-2013),smixsell (05-22-2013),TOBTTReds (05-22-2013),WrongVerb (05-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?