Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Frazier has just been atrocious this year. What happened?

For all those people crying for the riddance of Rolen, I'm starting to think that was a bad idea.

At least rolen would've given you gold glove defense, veteran leadership, and would've at least put up a solid slash line (better than frazier at least) in a down year.

Now it looks like Frazier is turning into the dud that he was initially projected to be, and we have no replacement for him..nor Cozart.

LMAO.

They call me "chef"

Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Reds are really hurting right now and both Frazier and Cozart are big reasons why this team has gotten off to such a bad start. Walt better address these issues now before the Cardinals lead keeps getting bigger and bigger.

3. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-22-2013),Always Red (05-21-2013),bigredmechanism (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Reds are really hurting right now and both Frazier and Cozart are big reasons why this team has gotten off to such a bad start. Walt better address these issues now before the Cardinals lead keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    The Cardinals lead by 1.5 games. Maybe a .5 game after tonight. That's not the definition of "getting bigger and bigger."

I know Larry's reply is with tongue firmly in cheek. As for RedTruck starting all these threads...I can't say the same.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

PuffyPig (05-21-2013),wolfboy (05-22-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Besides the fact that the Reds are on pace for close to 100 wins, and have the best run differential in baseball, the Cards lead is actually shrinking, and currently stands at 1 game.

I'm without speech.

Do these pants make my butt look big?

9. Likes:

OGB (05-22-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Do these pants make my butt look big?
    Not at all.

Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Not at all.

Wait....you like Tony's butt?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Not at all.

Oh OK...thanks...I needed that.

They call me "chef"

My post is being taken out of context.

Reds are really hurting right now
    By "really hurting" I meant "really hurting opponents".

and both Frazier and Cozart are big reasons why this team has gotten off to such a bad start.
    By "such a bad start" I meant "a start as bad as this, which is not bad at all".

Walt better address these issues now...
    By "now" I meant "now in this lifetime", as in "Walt can't address these issues when he is gone, so he must do it whole he is still here". It's a philosophical perspective.

...before the Cardinals lead keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    By "lead" I meant "lead, the metal" as I believe the Cards will be sinking soon.

I hope this clarifies things.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-22-2013),Always Red (05-22-2013),AtomicDumpling (05-22-2013),cincrazy (05-22-2013),PedroBourbon (05-22-2013),RichRed (05-22-2013),Tom Servo (05-21-2013),wolfboy (05-22-2013),Wonderful Monds (05-22-2013)

Although in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Rolen is brought back at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

Although in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Rolen is brought back at some point.
    I think I have seen you mention something about thinking Rolen would be back at some point during this season prior to this thread (though I could be mistaken)?

Regardless, what makes you think (or what would not surprise you) that Rolen will/could be brought back at some point during the season? I just see absolutely NOTHING that would even begin to indicate the need. I can not even begin to believe that Rolen could possibly come back and match Frazier's numbers (underwhelming as one might perceive them to be - personally, I'm okay with Todd thus far and I predict he will improve as the season progresses).

As far as I can tell, Rolen is DONE. I just don't think there are two ways about it. Do I know anything whatsoever about what Rolen has been doing since last season's very unfortunate demise? No. But, judging by how often he was on the DL over the course of the '11 & '12 seasons, as well as by how painfully obvious it was that he had "lost a step" and his bat speed had significantly decreased (not to mention his power), I hold out very little hope that he can or will ever return to MLB in any sort of significant playing role. Now, if the guy was in his late 20's/early 30's, sure. A player as good as Rolen in his prime, I could see it as a possibility for sure. But at 38 yrs. of age, with his history of injury & decrease in ability/skill? You obviously see some sort of possibility therein that I am completely oblivious to.

I mean this post in absolutely NO "negative" way towards you whatsoever (wanted to clarify that just in case it might "read" in any way as such). I'm just honestly curious as to how or why it would not surprise you for the Reds to bring back an old and obviously "diminished" Rolen at any point this season?

(And BTW, if you somehow end up being "correct" and they indeed DO bring Scott back, I might suggest you start a "psychic" service of some sort cause I'll be more than willing and ready to claim you as DAMN GOOD with the ole "intuition" )
    Last edited by mikdavrut; 05-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.

As far as the premise of this thread (and some of Red Truck's other threads of late), maybe I am completely off-base and mistaken here but I just can not help but to feel like there is some good ole trollin' goin' on

I mean, just straight out DFA Cozart (as per one of his previous threads)?

And his initial post in THIS thread?

Maybe he is being completely genuine and he truly believes/feels some of the things he has posted, but speaking for myself and myself only, I'm simply having a bit of a hard time totally buying it.

Of course, I suppose it IS possible that it's a case of zealous overreaction (something a good portion of us have likely been guilty of at one time or another), maybe even combined with a little ?

Just curious -- I did not see Tuesday's game.

In the first inning, was Frazier's batted ball to Wright an obvious error by the third baseman or was it one of those "too hot to handle"borderline calls that could have been ruled a hit and 2 RBI when Votto and Phillips scored?

Atrocious? If you are talking about his recent slump, then I guess you can call it atrocious... But there isn't another part of his game or season that has been atrocious. Frazier's defense has looked great and has not been the weakness many predicted. He's also had some very big hits and some monster games... They all count and Todd Frazier has been a solid contributor to a level that I doubt Scott Rolen could reach at this stage of his career.

20. Likes:

herbdizzle (05-22-2013),remdog (05-22-2013),smixsell (05-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?