Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Not at all.

Oh OK...thanks...I needed that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As far as the premise of this thread (and some of Red Truck's other threads of late), maybe I am completely off-base and mistaken here but I just can not help but to feel like there is some good ole trollin' goin' on

I mean, just straight out DFA Cozart (as per one of his previous threads)?

And his initial post in THIS thread?

Maybe he is being completely genuine and he truly believes/feels some of the things he has posted, but speaking for myself and myself only, I'm simply having a bit of a hard time totally buying it.

Of course, I suppose it IS possible that it's a case of zealous overreaction (something a good portion of us have likely been guilty of at one time or another), maybe even combined with a little ?

Just curious -- I did not see Tuesday's game.

In the first inning, was Frazier's batted ball to Wright an obvious error by the third baseman or was it one of those "too hot to handle"borderline calls that could have been ruled a hit and 2 RBI when Votto and Phillips scored?

Quote Originally Posted by Far East View Post
    Just curious -- I did not see Tuesday's game.

In the first inning, was Frazier's batted ball to Wright an obvious error by the third baseman or was it one of those "too hot to handle"borderline calls that could have been ruled a hit and 2 RBI when Votto and Phillips scored?
    I say it should've been ruled the "too hot to handle" but maybe because it went right thru his legs they felt the need to give him an error. It was a very hard hit ball and tough play for anyone.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I say it should've been ruled the "too hot to handle" but maybe because it went right thru his legs they felt the need to give him an error. It was a very hard hit ball and tough play for anyone.
    I agree. The ball was absolutely smoked. IMO most third basemen would not have made the play.

Showing that play in slo-mo is misleading because it looks very playable once you remove the speed element.

If that ball had been hit high in the air, it would have traveled a long way.

Frazier hitting a lot of grounders this year, but if he continues to make that kind of contact eventually his homer total will sharply increase.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    The ball was hit right at Wright! He did not have to move at all. However, he did move... he took a step BACK with his right foot. As most of our dads/coaches used to yell at us. "He let the ball play him." He deserved an error IMO without any doubt. It went through his legs (croquet wicket folks). This is the big leagues and a big leaguer has no excuse to not make that play (except a bad hop). Unless we are talking Ryne Sandberg playing at Wrigley Field during his errorless streak lol. Too hard to handle does not work for me if it goes between your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Frazier has just been atrocious this year. What happened?

For all those people crying for the riddance of Rolen, I'm starting to think that was a bad idea.

At least rolen would've given you gold glove defense, veteran leadership, and would've at least put up a solid slash line (better than frazier at least) in a down year.

Now it looks like Frazier is turning into the dud that he was initially projected to be, and we have no replacement for him..nor Cozart.

LMAO.

No Rolen would be on the DL. Like he was seemingly the last 2 years. What a ridiculous post.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    The ball was hit right at Wright! He did not have to move at all. However, he did move... he took a step BACK with his right foot. As most of our dads/coaches used to yell at us. "He let the ball play him." He deserved an error IMO without any doubt. It went through his legs (croquet wicket folks). This is the big leagues and a big leaguer has no excuse to not make that play (except a bad hop). Unless we are talking Ryne Sandberg playing at Wrigley Field during his errorless streak lol. Too hard to handle does not work for me if it goes between your legs.
    I agree.

If the ball goes through a fielders legs it is always called a hit, as it should be. I'm not sure how he missed it, his glove was in the vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Maybe RedTruck should take a break from posting new topics in the ORG? Seriously, every thread he starts screams don't click on me.
    And yet you click. Why? Was someone holding a gun to your head? Or did you just click to complain (troll)?

Maybe you should take a break from clicking on his threads. Crazy idea , I know. ...if you don't like something, you don't engage it.

Because last I checked, this was a discussion forum with the subject matter being the Cincinnati Reds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not nominating this for RedsZone Thread of the Year. But it certainly is a thread I would categorize as appropriate to a Message Board where the Cincinnati Reds are discussed.

Sadly though, There are many people in this world that INSIST the rest of the world be judged by their own yardsticks. And when they don't "measure up," they want it "removed, banned, deleted, punished," etc.

This attitude is a big part of what is wrong with the world today, IMHO. The piling on after the fact takes a close 2nd.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

jimbo (05-22-2013),Old school 1983 (05-22-2013),REDREAD (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    And yet you click. Why? Was someone holding a gun to your head? Or did you just click to complain (troll)?

Maybe you should take a break from clicking on his threads. Crazy idea , I know. ...if you don't like something, you don't engage it.

Because last I checked, this was a discussion forum with the subject matter being the Cincinnati Reds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not nominating this for RedsZone Thread of the Year. But it certainly is a thread I would categorize as appropriate to a Message Board where the Cincinnati Reds are discussed.

Sadly though, There are many people in this world that INSIST the rest of the world be judged by their own yardsticks. And when they don't "measure up," they want it "removed, banned, deleted, punished," etc.

This attitude is a big part of what is wrong with the world today, IMHO. The piling on after the fact takes a close 2nd.
    As I have heard it told, Redszone was created specifically to get away from the Reds.com types of message boards, and the ORG was created to promote the best possible baseball discussion. You can see that as elitist or the "wrong attitude", but I personally think it's helped make Redszone the best place for baseball discussion around.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

cincrazy (05-22-2013),membengal (05-24-2013),RedEye (05-22-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (05-22-2013),RedlegJake (05-22-2013),wheels (05-22-2013)

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Dr Seuss

15. Likes:

mdccclxix (05-22-2013),OGB (05-22-2013),wheels (05-22-2013)

Double post
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

This isn't supposed to be like other Reds message boards. That's the point. It isn't elitist to have a community that insists on logical, well-thought out arguments. It's refreshing, frankly.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

18. Likes:

membengal (05-24-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (05-22-2013),wheels (05-22-2013)

If I block a member will I see topics started by that member? I don't have time for trolls.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

thorn

Lets be honest, who read this thread just for the responses? I got a few giggles, but no laughs, come one guys you gotta do better.

Turn Off Ads?