Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 92

Thread: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,566

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I agree.

    If the ball goes through a fielders legs it is always called an error, as it should be. I'm not sure how he missed it, his glove was in the vicinity.

    Corrected because I accidently posted the opposite of what I meant to say.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If RedTruck is not a troll, and he honestly believes what he is posting, then.........no, it is simply not plausible.
    He could be a troll, or he could be a guy who likes to be provocative and lacks subtlty. Or he could be a young kid or an adult who is just a casual or new fan of the Reds.

    I think it's embarrassing that anyone who hasn't studied baseball as in depthly as some of us has to be ridiculed for it on this board.

    No offense guys and girls, but no one on this board is all that special. We are all just fans who want to talk baseball. And as with any group of people, there are different levels of knowledge and expertise within this board.

    I feel no need to insult or stifle anyone just because they don't follow baseball as closely as I do. In fact, I welcome a diverse selection of opinions and posts. Funny, so many people are complaining about RedTrucks posts, and yet, his posts have provided some of the most entertaining threads on this board.

    This board tried an elitist approach, and it was a noble effort. I completely understand why it was tried. But I thought it was a failure. And clearly, enough other people did as well because the experiment ended. The board became boring. It reminded me of a friend's view of "The New York Review of Books." He called it, "The New York Review of Us." That's what the old Redszone felt like to me, the same people all agreeing with each other about how right they all were.

    Maybe RedTruck is a troll, whatever that actually means, but he has sure made things interesting around here.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  4. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (05-23-2013), Captain Hook (05-22-2013), jimbo (05-22-2013), Old school 1983 (05-22-2013)

  5. #78
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,687

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Maybe RedTruck is a troll, whatever that actually means, but he has sure made things interesting around here.
    You mean if I act like the furthest thing from a GM and suggest my fav team and the reason for this board DFAs 1/3 of the flippin' roster, then I am interesting and funny? And then I do not post again in my own thread, then I am interesting and entertaining?

    I prefer a baseball board that has threads that make at least a tiny bit of sense. I am not getting that from this person. I can get the stuff started by this person at www.mlb.com. I come here to avoid that stuff. It is not interesting and it is not entertaining... some think it is the work of a troll. In my time here, when a person starts getting questioned in this regard, I am amazed by the near 100% accuracy of that "troll alarm" that is being sounded by fellow RZ members.

    This person has dropped the level of discussion here. There is no arguing that. I can go a to comedy board if I need a laugh. I find it OK for people to occasionally drop a one-liner in a good thread. But starting senseless threads clogs the board and lowers the level of RZ to www.mlb.com.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  6. Likes:

    alwaysawarrior (05-23-2013), HeatherC1212 (05-23-2013), RedEye (05-23-2013)

  7. #79
    Custodial Engineer Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    326

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    You mean if I act like the furthest thing from a GM and suggest my fav team and the reason for this board DFAs 1/3 of the flippin' roster, then I am interesting and funny?
    no.

    But you might get ridiculed unfairly by the self-proclaimed "elite" here.


    ..so better to not risk it.

    Ya' know, RedsZone is a lot like peanut butter sandwiches.

    Some people like chunky peanut butter, some like smooth. But I'm with you, RedFanAlways1966. We just steer clear of that whole hornet's nest! We'll stick with just plain white bread, thank you very much, maybe with a glass of water on the side for dippin'!
    "And why do false truths persist, getting passed down the decades as if they were fact? It comes back to the same point: People believe things that are wrong because, individually, people rarely investigate their own beliefs, particularly when what they believe makes sense intuitively. Even more so when those around them agree with them." -K.F.

  8. #80
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,429

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    This thread is dead.

    It was DOA but now it's just off subject and is rotting

    If that's elitism to notice it then pass me my wool coat with the leather patched elbows.

    I come to RZ to read about baseball not read about who is an arse and who isn't.

    Cream rises to the top

  9. Likes:

    RadfordVA (05-23-2013), RedEye (05-23-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (05-23-2013)

  10. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,566

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    For those in support of this thread, JSUK, I doubt anyone really jumped on the thread starter simply because he asked an honest qiestion about whether or not Rolen might have been an improvement over Rolen.

    That was never the issue.

    Reread the opening post.

    This was not an honest enquiry, but another attempt by a troll to incite honest posters.

    If he had simply said "With Frazier's slow start, does anyone feel that keeping Rolen might have been a good idea" I bet that there would have been some serious discussion on the subject.

  11. Likes:

    RedFanAlways1966 (05-23-2013)

  12. #82
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    For those in support of this thread, JSUK, I doubt anyone really jumped on the thread starter simply because he asked an honest qiestion about whether or not Rolen might have been an improvement over Rolen.

    That was never the issue.

    Reread the opening post.

    This was not an honest enquiry, but another attempt by a troll to incite honest posters.

    If he had simply said "With Frazier's slow start, does anyone feel that keeping Rolen might have been a good idea" I bet that there would have been some serious discussion on the subject.
    Re-read it. Still don't see your point. Seriously, other than the fact that you disagree with him, what's "inciting" about it. What's not honest about it? I've quoted it below to make it easier to discuss.

    Frazier has just been atrocious this year. What happened?

    For all those people crying for the riddance of Rolen, I'm starting to think that was a bad idea.

    At least rolen would've given you gold glove defense, veteran leadership, and would've at least put up a solid slash line (better than frazier at least) in a down year.

    Now it looks like Frazier is turning into the dud that he was initially projected to be, and we have no replacement for him..nor Cozart.

    LMAO.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  13. #83
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,844

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Re-read it. Still don't see your point. Seriously, other than the fact that you disagree with him, what's "inciting" about it. What's not honest about it? I've quoted it below to make it easier to discuss.
    He has a basic template for all of his threads:

    1. Pick a player that is underperforming in a small sample size

    2. Make a knee jerk reaction suggesting player removed from starting role without much thought as to the quality of the replacement (ie. poster did not even bother to consider that Rolen hasn't been particularly good for 2 seasons, and is another year older). Picking Rolen to be full time starter immediately was at best, a very lazy solution, but to his credit was above the solution presented in the Cozart thread, which was nothing.

    3. Leave thread, never post again, and watch himself basially get torched by every single poster.

    4. Start new thread about different player

    In a vacuum (purely this thread), I think you have a point, but when he's done it 5 times in a row, it seems pretty blatant to me that this guy is ignoring all of the comments and failing to put any effort in improving the calibre threads. Up to you to speculate why, but seems like the template is consistent with that of a troll.

  14. Likes:

    LoganBuck (05-23-2013), membengal (05-24-2013), RedFanAlways1966 (05-23-2013), thorn (05-23-2013), wheels (05-24-2013)

  15. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    871

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    For those in support of this thread, JSUK, I doubt anyone really jumped on the thread starter simply because he asked an honest qiestion about whether or not Rolen might have been an improvement over Rolen.

    That was never the issue.

    Reread the opening post.

    This was not an honest enquiry, but another attempt by a troll to incite honest posters.

    If he had simply said "With Frazier's slow start, does anyone feel that keeping Rolen might have been a good idea" I bet that there would have been some serious discussion on the subject.
    The way I see it, RedTruck posts like Bones, and you want him to post more like Spock.

  16. #85
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,429

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayStubbs View Post
    The way I see it, RedTruck posts like Bones, and you want him to post more like Spock.
    The way I see it they litter the landscape like...


  17. Likes:

    Caveat Emperor (05-23-2013), Old school 1983 (05-23-2013), Revering4Blue (05-23-2013)

  18. #86
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    He has a basic template for all of his threads:

    1. Pick a player that is underperforming in a small sample size

    2. Make a knee jerk reaction suggesting player removed from starting role without much thought as to the quality of the replacement (ie. poster did not even bother to consider that Rolen hasn't been particularly good for 2 seasons, and is another year older). Picking Rolen to be full time starter immediately was at best, a very lazy solution, but to his credit was above the solution presented in the Cozart thread, which was nothing.

    3. Leave thread, never post again, and watch himself basially get torched by every single poster.

    4. Start new thread about different player

    In a vacuum (purely this thread), I think you have a point, but when he's done it 5 times in a row, it seems pretty blatant to me that this guy is ignoring all of the comments and failing to put any effort in improving the calibre threads. Up to you to speculate why, but seems like the template is consistent with that of a troll.
    Good points.

    However, most trolls don't post inflammatory remarks, then leave. They continue to poke and prod posters. The purpose of a true troll is to cause chaos and bring a board crashing down. I don't think that's RedTruck's goal with his threads. I have no idea, but just guessing, it seems he just likes to spark lively discussion.

    If he really is trolling (and remember it's not like this an established, well-defined thing) but if he is a troll, he's a rather harmless one. Annoying, I can understand, but harmless.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  19. #87
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    No offense guys and girls, but no one on this board is all that special.
    Well, some of us are.

    Last edited by malcontent; 05-23-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  20. #88
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,627

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    I'll bet he'd be no tribble at all if we could beam his threads over to the Klingon ship.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  21. #89
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,253

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    I find it amusing that this whole discussion is taking place about someone who's not even here. AWOL.

    *my last post in a RedTruck thread* Beyond silly.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  22. #90
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

    On top of it all, I'm starting to think he's not even really a Truck!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  23. Likes:

    Bumstead (05-23-2013), MikeThierry (05-23-2013), Raisor (05-23-2013), Tom Servo (05-23-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25