Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's give Mike Leake some credit.

Re: Let's give Mike Leake some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I think it's time that we start a "Let's give Mesoraco some credit" thread! His catcher's ERA lately has been outstanding! He is clearly the reason Leake and Latos have been so good... And there is no doubt that Hanigan is the reason Arroyo and Homer struggled in Cleveland.

Leake has done a great job but Mesoraco is the reason for his success!
    I can't tell if this post is facetious or not...I hope it is.

2. Likes:

Nasty_Boy (06-04-2013),RedlegJake (06-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I can't tell if this post is facetious or not...I hope it is.

100% sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post

100% sarcasm
    PHEW!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Strand rate tends to go up when your HR rate goes down. His doubles rate is way down too. I would expect that latter one to rise a bit during the rest of the season. Anyway, his BABIP has been high this first 1/3 of the season, so a correction to the team average there could offset any decrease in his strand rate.
    That's encouraging. I'd like to see him succeed as much as the next guy. I can't believe that the Reds' #1 guy used to be Elmer Dessens and now they have Mike Leake as their #5. That might be the most disorienting change about being a fan of this team over the past 20 years -- the radical improvement in the starting rotation.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

7. Likes:

TRF (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    That's encouraging. I'd like to see him succeed as much as the next guy. I can't believe that the Reds' #1 guy used to be Elmer Dessens and now they have Mike Leake as their #5. That might be the most disorienting change about being a fan of this team over the past 20 years -- the radical improvement in the starting rotation.
    I'm not even a Mike Leake fan and have to acknowledge this.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

9. Likes:

RedEye (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Honestly it is hard to say right now who is the number 5 starter. One day I think it is Arroyo and then he does what he did yesterday. One day it's Bailey etc. I use to go to a Reds game hoping I would miss starters 2-5...now I could care less who is pitching.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Tonight will be a big test for Leake. If he rolls through StL, I'll be very impressed.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Tonight will be a big test for Leake. If he rolls through StL, I'll be very impressed.

-Matt
    My thoughts as well. Huge game for him to see if he has broken into my high confidence level. Not that mine means anything.

Its a very good thing when its hard to distinquish between your 1st and fifth starters.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If he has a quality start, I'd be impressed.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

If he's impressive, I'll be impressed. :O)

Good example of regression to the mean happening tonight. A .282 BAA before tonight was an indicator of that.

16. Likes:

RedEye (06-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Good example of regression to the mean happening tonight. A .282 BAA before tonight was an indicator of that.
    Agreed. Leake is what he is. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not a bad thing. It just is.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

The Cardinals are a very good team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    The Cardinals are a very good team right now.
    Agreed. And Mike Leake is a very average pitcher. He's doing an average job with a very good team.

Did a few folks mistake an 8 for a 3 in those five innings?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?