Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Statcast

Statcast

First of all....LOVE IT. I like it best when they show the reaction time of OF, distance covered and route angle. Top speeds are fun and enjoy exit velocities.

I do have some trouble with distances sometimes. I took some pics of Yoenis Cespedes latest HR which Statcast did work on for MLB Network

The first pic shows the far LF foul pole at a short 315 ft and LCF just to out right of the State Farm sign is listed at 370 ft and you can see in LF the wall immediately goes back from 315 to at the very least 325 where the wall begins in natural curve. Also notice the "R" in "Rays" as the HR lands a bit to the left of that and some rows shorter as well.

The second pic shows the ball flying over the 15 rows in the LF section, up 4-5 more steps and into hands 5-10 feet behind that 15th row. It's not 1/2 way between the 315 and the 370 but a good 1/3 of the way.

Statcast gave a distance that is either incorrect or the distances on the OF walls are incorrect....nothing about this HR said what the distance Statcast gave.

Give a guess of this HR distance...don't be a cheater.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Statcast

382 ft would be my guess given the information

Statcast said it was 358 ft

Yea, I dont buy that.

Neither did the 3 MLB network guys or myself

Turn Off Ads?