Re: 5/22/2013 Reds at Mets Matinee

Well, that worked out nicely!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Yesssssirrrrreeeeee.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

dusty manages his toothpicks better than he does the team
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

5. Likes:

Vottomatic (05-22-2013)

double play bails Simon out. Whew!

If Broxton is suppose to be one of Dusty's hammers out of the pen, why isn't he pitching the 8th here? I just don't get Baker's bullpen management here.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Did Votto have his foot superglued to the base?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I draw the line at being here where people are wishing bodily harm to happen to players or coaches. I know it's upsetting that we're tied again but seriously, that's not right.
    Surely you aren't referring to my comment about the Gatorade jug? If you are, then you might be taking message board posting a little too seriously. No, make that WAY too seriously.

Good grief, people.

That felt like a Coco inning from a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPitchIsDunn View Post
    Down 3-0 with runners on 1st and 2nd? Simon had him right where he wanted him
    He was just setting him up. Giving him a false sense of security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

REDREAD (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty would probably have 1800 to 2000 wins if he knew how to manage. Great players make him look good.

This team probably would have won 110 games last year but Dusty made sure they only won 97 with his mindblowing strategical stupidity.

If they lose, this one's on Dusty.

Marty and Cowboy were questioning no one being up in the bullpen before Latos even imploded. Everyone but Dusty can see the wheels falling off. Maybe his toothpick blocks his eyesight?
    110 wins? Holy cow. You do realize that would set the all-time win record in the 131-year history of this franchise?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

14. Likes:

OGB (05-22-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Exaggerate much?
    Nope. I've contended for a long time that Dusty does more to hurt this team strategically than he does to help it. I've seen Dusty make 4 or 5 times bad strategical moves for every lucky one he makes.

He's blind as a bat. Can't see the wheels falling off when a 10 year old can see it. Even the announcers can see it. Pretty bad when EVERYONE can see it but the guy who is supposed to see it.

Pathetic.

16. Likes:

toledodan (05-22-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I think that with Marshall likely not available, Dusty would have left Latos in even if someone was warm for Ankiel. That's why he didn't have someone warm, Latos was his guy.

Fault him for his choice for deciding to go with Latos if you must, but it's not like Baker suddenly woke up on the bench and thought "Gee, I sure would like to pull Latos, but I don't have anyone warming up". He has already made his choice, and Hoover was warm when Baker wanted him to be.
    I agree. And btw, Broxton was warming earlier (got up with Simon), but sat down shortly thereafter. Sometimes guys can't warmup for some reason. Doesn't happen often, but it DOES happen. After 2 got on against Simon there....there was nobody up warming. I think they're dealing with something in the pen.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    dusty manages his toothpicks better than he does the team
    Yep.

I'm not exaggerating, but if it weren't Dusty this team would have won 265 games last year.

20. Likes:

OGB (05-22-2013),Vottomatic (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Exactly.

This is all on Latos, not Baker nor Price. If Latos wants to be a stud, horse pitcher he bears down there and, without his best stuff, gets a bad Mets offense out. He didn't. Blame him.
    Again ... the problem isn't that he was allowed to come out for the 7th. The problem was we didn't even have anyone warming up, in case he got in trouble. Him starting the 7th wasn't an issue at all, though I personally wouldn't have let him.

Turn Off Ads?