Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/22/2013 Reds at Mets Matinee

Re: 5/22/2013 Reds at Mets Matinee

Uh oh, send out Price

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty would probably have 1800 to 2000 wins if he knew how to manage. Great players make him look good.

This team probably would have won 110 games last year but Dusty made sure they only won 97 with his mindblowing strategical stupidity.

If they lose, this one's on Dusty.

Marty and Cowboy were questioning no one being up in the bullpen before Latos even imploded. Everyone but Dusty can see the wheels falling off. Maybe his toothpick blocks his eyesight?
    I wasn't even watching, I was following it on the net and I had my suspicions that Latos was wearing down.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Walk to Ike Davis. *sigh* 2 on, 1 out.

Yeah, there should have been at least someone in the bullpen ready to go. As was said, the bullpen is rested, and there's a free day tomorrow. So why not have somebody going in there?

Speaking of which, do we have anybody else up now?

6. Likes:

toledodan (05-22-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Look, I have to say I think you're all wrong to blame Dusty, and I'm no Baker apologist.
    There are a lot of people on this forum that insist Latos is our ace. At worst he's 1B. He's having a great year. He was having a good game. He'd given up2 runs thru 6. He was at 87 pitches. He had a 2/1 k/ball ratio. YOU RUN HIM OUT FOR THE 7TH EVERY TIME.
    You can make the argument that you pull him against Ankiel, but saying you don't let him start the inning has the benefit of hindsight.
    Not hindsight for me. I said I would take him out and I said it before the seventh inning ever started. Read the posts.

Pitch counts are just numbers. So are season's averages and so are stats showing pitcher's usual performance in various stages of the game.

Dusty should have been moved by what anyone could see. Latos pitched a tough, close ballgame, lots of leverage. He did not look great in the sixth. He seemed to be tiring.

The bullpen is rested. There's an off day tomorrow.

I respect your opinion, but I thought the decision was obvious. Latos should have been removed before the seventh or, at the latest, when the first baserunner got aboard.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i have no problem with latos starting the inning. not having someone getting ready is another dusty mistake.
    I think that with Marshall likely not available, Dusty would have left Latos in even if someone was warm for Ankiel. That's why he didn't have someone warm, Latos was his guy.

Fault him for his choice for deciding to go with Latos if you must, but it's not like Baker suddenly woke up on the bench and thought "Gee, I sure would like to pull Latos, but I don't have anyone warming up". He has already made his choice, and Hoover was warm when Baker wanted him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Exactly.

This is all on Latos, not Baker nor Price. If Latos wants to be a stud, horse pitcher he bears down there and, without his best stuff, gets a bad Mets offense out. He didn't. Blame him.
    Precisely. If this exact scenario happens in his next start against a far better Cleveland offense, I'd feel confident asking him to go out for the 7th again. If Dusty pulls him at 87the pitches and the bullpen blows it, Redszone would absolutely lose its mind.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Exactly.

This is all on Latos, not Baker nor Price. If Latos wants to be a stud, horse pitcher he bears down there and, without his best stuff, gets a bad Mets offense out. He didn't. Blame him.
    wrong. You don't let Latos pitch to Ankiel who clearly had him measured today. Even if something is wrong with marsahll you don't let latos pitch to to Ankiel. And if Marshal is available, you bring him in to pitch to Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    You do understand that Latos wanted to stay in the game, and that he'd be the first to defend Baker for leaving him in?

And, as has been suggested, it looks very likely like Marshall in not available for todays game.
    You do understand the difference between literally speaking and figuratively speaking?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty would probably have 1800 to 2000 wins if he knew how to manage. Great players make him look good.

This team probably would have won 110 games last year but Dusty made sure they only won 97 with his mindblowing strategical stupidity.

If they lose, this one's on Dusty.

Marty and Cowboy were questioning no one being up in the bullpen before Latos even imploded. Everyone but Dusty can see the wheels falling off. Maybe his toothpick blocks his eyesight?
    Exaggerate much?

14. Likes:

JB12 (05-22-2013)

Great hang by Votto!

Alright! Great double play there to end the inning and keep us tied.

Heck of a play by Votto

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Down 3-0 with runners on 1st and 2nd? Simon had him right where he wanted him
    No one expects the butterfly

19. Likes:

REDREAD (05-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?