Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/22/2013 Reds at Mets Matinee

Re: 5/22/2013 Reds at Mets Matinee

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    If Broxton is suppose to be one of Dusty's hammers out of the pen, why isn't he pitching the 8th here? I just don't get Baker's bullpen management here.
    I assume that as it is a tie game late that Dusty is playing for the potential of extra innings. He just got through the pitcher's spot in the lineup and has his long man out there to potentially go more than one inning. If he waits to use him he could bump up against the pitcher's spot in the lineup and face the question on whether to pinch hit and pull Simon early.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    110 wins? Holy cow. You do realize that would set the all-time win record in the 131-year history of this franchise?
    So, the best baseball players in the world having their very best seasons are worth about a WAR of 8-10.

But Baker himself had a WAR of -14 last year.

Wow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Not hindsight for me. I said I would take him out and I said it before the seventh inning ever started. Read the posts.
    I realize you said that. The other ten people that immediately started blaming Dusty and saying how obvious a decision it was were not.

Either way, I'll accept being wrong and trusting my ace in that spot against a bad offense every time.I saw nothing in the previous 6 innings that would indicate he'd suddenly allow two in the seventh.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

The Zacume getting it done today

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Surely you aren't referring to my comment about the Gatorade jug? If you are, then you might be taking message board posting a little too seriously. No, make that WAY too seriously.

Good grief, people.
    Since you're calling me out on it, yeah, I was referring to your post. No matter how frustrating it gets to watch bad things happen to this team, you do NOT wish for someone to inflict bodily harm on someone else. That's just not right. Sorry if that sounds 'sensitive' to you but this is only a game and no matter how much I disagree with Dusty, Bryan Price, the players, or whoever during some games, I have never wished for anyone to throw something at someone else. Message board posting is not any different than real life and if you think that type of thing is okay, then you don't take things seriously enough IMO.

Back to the game...
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

7. Likes:

WVRedsFan (05-22-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-22-2013)

Make 'em pay....once again, BP!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Call up Jim Riggleman!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Sometimes I think fans forget that actual PEOPLE play this game and not stratomatic cards. It's NEVER as cut and dry as many make it out to be.

How good is Phillips?.....might you squeeze here?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I assume that as it is a tie game late that Dusty is playing for the potential of extra innings. He just got through the pitcher's spot in the lineup and has his long man out there to potentially go more than one inning. If he waits to use him he could bump up against the pitcher's spot in the lineup and face the question on whether to pinch hit and pull Simon early.
    I don't know what is going on here.

He used Simon. Now Chapman and Ondrusek are warming. Logan has pitched two straight.

Marshall and Brox have pitched often lately, but I wonder if somebody isn't healthy.

It may also explain why Latos pitched so long, although that's tough to understand, he should have a number of available guys.

Odd.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Ugh. BP tends to be a double play machine. I hope good BP shows up.

LOLZ!

WOW! BP does it again... what was that?

Reds get a break. Score more. We want more, as they say in the commercial.

Double for the Reds, Mets out to argue it was foul...

Turn Off Ads?