Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 489

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

  1. #256
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,854

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I posted this on another thread but this is as good of a place I guess to post:

    I'm finished with this forum. I originally came hear three or so years ago because it was a place for intelligent talk about baseball topics. It has devolved into the vile kind of chat I see on other internet forums. The ORG once separated itself from other forums as the cream of the crop of internet boards. Now I can't tell it apart from any other forum out there online. Now,the forum consists of blaming any success to PED's, wild speculation without evidence, and very little fact behind an opinion.

    Boss Hog, I have always appreciated you as a mod but honestly, you and the other mods need to reign in some of the vile nature that this board has become.

    I wish the Reds success the rest of the way.
    Also ahem.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #257
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    My only reason for bumping this is to explain that this is why you don't send a unibomber type post burning down the board. Because eventually you'll cool off and want to come back.

    And if you don't your presence can haunt for years to come: like SteelSD
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  4. #258
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,458

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    While this thread is bumped I'll just add that I think the quality of tORG has been better recently...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  5. Likes:

    Raisor (08-27-2013)

  6. #259
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    While this thread is bumped I'll just add that I think the quality of tORG has been better recently...
    No thanks to you!

    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  7. #260
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,739

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    I, for one, miss the days where we'd just post this when we were fed up with what was being said in a thread:

    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  8. Likes:

    Tom Servo (08-27-2013)

  9. #261
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I, for one, miss the days where we'd just post this when we were fed up with what was being said in a thread:

    You're welcome

    I forgot how awesome I used to be.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  10. #262
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,609

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    My only reason for bumping this is to explain that this is why you don't send a unibomber type post burning down the board. Because eventually you'll cool off and want to come back.

    And if you don't your presence can haunt for years to come: like SteelSD
    Yes please explain oh wise one.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  11. #263
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    21,318

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    My only reason for bumping this is to explain that this is why you don't send a unibomber type post burning down the board. Because eventually you'll cool off and want to come back.

    And if you don't your presence can haunt for years to come: like SteelSD
    Yep, I guess derailing the "overrated player thread" was not good enough.
    Now you have proof that Mike got worked up and said he was leaving.
    Brilliant detective work.. What would we do without you?
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

  12. Likes:

    redsfanmia (08-28-2013)

  13. #264
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yep, I guess derailing the "overrated player thread" was not good enough.
    Now you have proof that Mike got worked up and said he was leaving.
    Brilliant detective work.. What would we do without you?
    Hey that thread was derailed well before I commented.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  14. #265
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,703

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    My only reason for bumping this is to explain that this is why you don't send a unibomber type post burning down the board. Because eventually you'll cool off and want to come back.

    And if you don't your presence can haunt for years to come: like SteelSD

    If you think what I said was a unibomber type post, you're reading way too much into it.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  15. #266
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,703

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Of course some of you conveniently ignore what I said in even this own thread:

    I have had time to cool down and ponder on the discussion that took place today. While I probably overreacted, I think my anger was justified. It wasn't the fact that Molina was being accused of PED use as to why the discussion angered me so much. This topic has been brought up several times and I have debated it. Accusations of PED use for Cardinals have been almost a mainstay here ever since I joined the ORG three or so years ago. The biggest issue I had and the straw that broke the camels back was the accusation that the Cardinals organization actively supports PED use for all their players. At that point, I pretty much had enough. I will probably still come back to this forum some day but I see me staying away for a while until some of this stuff blows over.

    I still believe that the topic being discussed remains a bigger issue with the declining quality of the ORG and almost typifies the issues with the ORG these days. As some have pointed out, this didn't just start when the forums merged.

    Raisor, I can see your point about me posting a good bye message but honestly, I really don't know anyone here on a personal level and I really don't know who enjoys my posts or not. I have no reference as to who I should PM. Plus, I feel that if something isn't said in the open forum, the issues don't get addressed and they get pushed aside.
    __________________
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  16. #267
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,413

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Problem is there is really no way for a bunch of message board devotees to furnish the sort of evidence necessary to prove the existence of "elevated" or "enhanced" performance by illegal substances -- and certainly not just by looking at statistics. Admittedly there are other empirical ways -- drug testing, body measurements, etc. Should there ever be a credible report about Molina or anyone else that substantiates this sort of guilt, then I would have far less difficulty with rampant speculation. A-Rod, IMO has already earned as msny threads here as we see fit.

    Short of more substantive reports of this sort, though, all that PED speculation enhances on baseball forums like RZ is a penchant for poor argument and a crazy X-Files herd mentality that assumes "the truth is out there."
    It was a perfectly valid thread. It wasn't shut down by any moderators either.

    Entertaining is what it was.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  17. #268
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,447

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    It was a perfectly valid thread. It wasn't shut down by any moderators either.

    Entertaining is what it was.
    I never said it wasn't a valid thread. I guess I just found a lot of the argumentation and logic there to be spotty at best and not up to the usual standards of this site. If you find that entertaining, then that's your prerogative. It takes all sorts.

  18. #269
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,447

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    The Doc Hollywood posts must stop.
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  19. Likes:

    dubc47834 (05-28-2014), Raisor (05-26-2014), Razor Shines (05-31-2014), Tom Servo (05-20-2014)

  20. #270
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    The Doc Hollywood posts must stop.
    I agree. I have serious doubts about the Reds team caterer though.

  21. Likes:

    Razor Shines (05-31-2014), RedEye (05-20-2014), Tom Servo (05-20-2014)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25