Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I posted this on another thread but this is as good of a place I guess to post:

I'm finished with this forum. I originally came hear three or so years ago because it was a place for intelligent talk about baseball topics. It has devolved into the vile kind of chat I see on other internet forums. The ORG once separated itself from other forums as the cream of the crop of internet boards. Now I can't tell it apart from any other forum out there online. Now,the forum consists of blaming any success to PED's, wild speculation without evidence, and very little fact behind an opinion.

Boss Hog, I have always appreciated you as a mod but honestly, you and the other mods need to reign in some of the vile nature that this board has become.

I wish the Reds success the rest of the way.
    Also ahem.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

My only reason for bumping this is to explain that this is why you don't send a unibomber type post burning down the board. Because eventually you'll cool off and want to come back.

And if you don't your presence can haunt for years to come: like SteelSD

While this thread is bumped I'll just add that I think the quality of tORG has been better recently...

5. Likes:

Raisor (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    While this thread is bumped I'll just add that I think the quality of tORG has been better recently...
    No thanks to you!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I, for one, miss the days where we'd just post this when we were fed up with what was being said in a thread:

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I, for one, miss the days where we'd just post this when we were fed up with what was being said in a thread:

You're welcome

I forgot how awesome I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    My only reason for bumping this is to explain that this is why you don't send a unibomber type post burning down the board. Because eventually you'll cool off and want to come back.

Yes please explain oh wise one.

Yep, I guess derailing the "overrated player thread" was not good enough.
    Now you have proof that Mike got worked up and said he was leaving.
    Brilliant detective work.. What would we do without you?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

12. Likes:

redsfanmia (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yep, I guess derailing the "overrated player thread" was not good enough.
    Now you have proof that Mike got worked up and said he was leaving.
    Brilliant detective work.. What would we do without you?
    Hey that thread was derailed well before I commented.

If you think what I said was a unibomber type post, you're reading way too much into it.

Of course some of you conveniently ignore what I said in even this own thread:

I have had time to cool down and ponder on the discussion that took place today. While I probably overreacted, I think my anger was justified. It wasn't the fact that Molina was being accused of PED use as to why the discussion angered me so much. This topic has been brought up several times and I have debated it. Accusations of PED use for Cardinals have been almost a mainstay here ever since I joined the ORG three or so years ago. The biggest issue I had and the straw that broke the camels back was the accusation that the Cardinals organization actively supports PED use for all their players. At that point, I pretty much had enough. I will probably still come back to this forum some day but I see me staying away for a while until some of this stuff blows over.

I still believe that the topic being discussed remains a bigger issue with the declining quality of the ORG and almost typifies the issues with the ORG these days. As some have pointed out, this didn't just start when the forums merged.

Raisor, I can see your point about me posting a good bye message but honestly, I really don't know anyone here on a personal level and I really don't know who enjoys my posts or not. I have no reference as to who I should PM. Plus, I feel that if something isn't said in the open forum, the issues don't get addressed and they get pushed aside.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Problem is there is really no way for a bunch of message board devotees to furnish the sort of evidence necessary to prove the existence of "elevated" or "enhanced" performance by illegal substances -- and certainly not just by looking at statistics. Admittedly there are other empirical ways -- drug testing, body measurements, etc. Should there ever be a credible report about Molina or anyone else that substantiates this sort of guilt, then I would have far less difficulty with rampant speculation. A-Rod, IMO has already earned as msny threads here as we see fit.

Short of more substantive reports of this sort, though, all that PED speculation enhances on baseball forums like RZ is a penchant for poor argument and a crazy X-Files herd mentality that assumes "the truth is out there."
    It was a perfectly valid thread. It wasn't shut down by any moderators either.

Entertaining is what it was.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    It was a perfectly valid thread. It wasn't shut down by any moderators either.

Entertaining is what it was.
    I never said it wasn't a valid thread. I guess I just found a lot of the argumentation and logic there to be spotty at best and not up to the usual standards of this site. If you find that entertaining, then that's your prerogative. It takes all sorts.

The Doc Hollywood posts must stop.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-28-2014),Raisor (05-26-2014),Razor Shines (05-31-2014),Tom Servo (05-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    The Doc Hollywood posts must stop.
    I agree. I have serious doubts about the Reds team caterer though.

21. Likes:

Razor Shines (05-31-2014),RedEye (05-20-2014),Tom Servo (05-20-2014)

Turn Off Ads?