Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    460 some posts later, here is my analysis of the "declining quality of the ORG": we use too many layers of sarcasm and not enough emoticons.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

5. Likes:

Raisor (06-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Who homered?

7. Likes:

reds44 (07-14-2014)

Just went blind.

Thinking about starting an "On the declining quality of the 'On the declining quality of the ORG'" thread.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-13-2014),jojo (06-26-2014),reds44 (07-14-2014)

Just went blind.
    Hey this is a family site.

11. Likes:

RedEye (07-16-2014)

Just went blind.

Thinking about starting an "On the declining quality of the 'On the declining quality of the ORG'" thread.
    You should thank me because staring at that post for greater than 30 seconds will trigger endogenous endorphin release and that my friend should go a long, long way to improving the quality of the ORG.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

13. Likes:

Raisor (06-26-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I posted a Gymkata pic and got one freaking like.

How's that for quality?

.... nvmnd
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

....suprised we didn't see any of this in all the Wang chatter!

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-12-2014)

Here we go...

The following represents less than a month of posting by a single ORG member. All poster names were omitted to ensure that folks can discuss the quality of the posts below without fear of retribution as well as how well they match up to said poster's advice to newer Sun Deck posters from 08/20/14 and 09/24/14.

08/20/14: Btw, accusing someone of lying is a serious accusation. We may disagree about which stats to use, but that's very different from calling someone a liar. Those types of accusations don't fly on this message board. Just some friendly advice.

09/24/14: Some friendly advice, if you want to continue posting on this site, it's best if you stay clear of personal attacks. They'll get you kicked out of here real fast.
    10/09/14: I think it's amazing that I alone get called out for snark and disrespect for other posters in this thread. Another example of your lack of objectivity.
    10/09/14: You can do this type of cherry picking with pretty much any team in the playoffs.
    10/07/14:9 Still LMAO.
    10/07/14: I love how <Poster Y> now doesn't think that precision in statistics doesn't matter. LMAO
    10/07/14: I'm not going to get into the honesty of it, but it clearly is bad statistical work that would never be accepted by true statisticians.
    10/06/14: <Poster X’s> stats were true, they just were manipulated to include data that was not relevant.
    10/06/14: This mumbly junk BS, and you know it.
    10/06/14: I didn't call you a name. You provided evidence of you being a hypocrite.
    10/06/14: That, is evidence of someone who wants to be entitled to their own facts, and who manipulates stats to try to prove his point.
    10/06/14: You refuse to provide evidence, spin a story with zero evidence, and then withdraw from this debate. Classic.
    10/06/14: I do see evidence of you as a hypocrite. You pretend to be objective, you make it your "thing," but clearly, you are not.
    10/06/14: This is a classic case of misrepresenting what someone else says, and a classic case of a straw man. Congratulations, that's impressive
    10/06/14: But we know to whom I am referring, and who, for the time being will be on my ignore list. I would love to debate with anyone and everyone, but not if they use dishonest tactics, personal attacks, manipulated data, and other cheap parlor tricks aimed not at continuing discussion, but aimed at being disruptive and insulting.
    10/06/14: You and <Poster X> can keep trying your cheap parlor tricks, selling your snakeoil, but no one is buying them.
    10/06/14: The fact is that you either are covering for yourself by changing what you meant, or you misspoke when you made that post.
    10/06/14: It is dishonest to claim that only qualifiers count as starters.
    10/06/14: Of course you will come back with some twisted stat that isn't what we are talking about, or make up something I didn't day, or some other nonsense like you just tried to pull over people's eyes. But no need. I'm done with you and this thread.
    10/06/14: Like I said, you would come up with another dishonest distortion and twisted stat that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    10/06/14: This is one of your most impressive dishonest attempts to skew the numbers to fit your narrative.
    10/06/14: You have a long history of manipulating stats and being dishonest about what you are presenting.
    09/26/14: Cherry picking stats that fit your narrative is a big time
    09/26/14: I'm still LMAO at you guys, reaching for straws, unable to admit that you were wrong, and proven wrong with stats.
    09/26/14: Have a great day. The more you post false statements, illogical arguments, cherry picked stats, and personal insults against me, the better mine gets
    09/26/14: Lol. You just lost all credibility.
    09/20/14: Too bad it's wrong, and likely made up.
    Particularly disturbing are the 19 references to dishonesty after we hear that such "accusations don't fly on this message board". I wonder, does calling someone's post "mumbly junk BS" match up with the poster's claim that disagreeing about stats is ok, but that calling someone dishonest is taboo? I also wonder if calling at least one poster "a hypocrite" is a shining example of how to avoid personal attacks?

Are these passages representative of what Redszone is now all about? Is this the level of quality new and veteran posters are to expect and do these posts foster a valid exchange of ideas?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

19. Likes:

KronoRed (10-12-2014),RedEye (10-14-2014)

I don't see how omitting the person's handle in any way makes that post constructive, especially since a lot of hands are probably dirty in the aforementioned exchanges.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

21. Likes:

jimbo (10-15-2014),Rojo (10-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't see how omitting the person's handle in any way makes that post constructive, especially since a lot of hands are probably dirty in the aforementioned exchanges.
    So do you support the use of the phrases like "mumbly junk BS" and "you being a hypocrite" to advance discussion?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Is it Festivus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Is it Festivus?
    Only for the rest of us

Turn Off Ads?