Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Most important player to NL Central teams

Re: Most important player to NL Central teams

I see no evidence or correlation with Molina's home run numbers and possible enhancement. If Molina went from 6 to 14 to 45... then, there may be something to look at.

But 28-32 in baseball are generally the prime years. Molina has figured it out.

Quit hating on a great player.

Don Cameron.

Lover of Greatness

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Actually, it is a tripe argument and a disgusting accusation on your part. It would be on par with someone coming in here and foolishly linking Votto to PED's. It's annoying to see people throw out the lazy PED argument without any evidence to back it up, esp. in the case of Molina where his overall statistics behind the numbers (line drive rates, K rates, etc) would lend itself to a player taking the step forward when that player loses weight or gets in better shape. As Cardsfanbob noted, Molina for a while was not exactly in the best shape and had room to lose weight. It's no mystery as to when he started losing weight, his power numbers increased a bit.

Aside from that, thank you. I'm probably going to be having surgery soon so I won't be on the boards for a while during these summer months.

If you look at both of Yadi's brothers, their offensive performance increased greatly as they got older. Not quite as good as Yadi's, but they weren't Yadi's caliber of athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    First and most importantly, good luck with the surgery, I hope you get the good drugs

Second, I provided plenty of evidence to back my argument. You can choose to disagree with it, but it's there. Btw, unlike steroids, HGH results in weight loss and more power, because it makes your bat quicker. Just saying.

There is no such evidence against Votto, so it's nothing like accusing him. But if he were to suddenly hit 50 homers, I absolutely would be suspicious of him and the very first thought I would have would be PED's.

Again, I sincerely hope you get better. You definitely will be missed on this sit while you recover.

Yadi always had a quick bat. Always. Why do you think he has a cannon for an arm? Quick hands and arms. And he's never struck out so much. If anything, he struggled with waiting for breaking balls and hitting the ball to the opposite field. I'd also suggest that when he took over as the starting catcher, he had huge shoes to fill (coming in after Matheny). I think that he was so worried about being a great receiver and helping pitchers that the offense naturally suffered. The more comfortable he's become; the better offensive player he's become.

Did anyone actually discuss the original topic in this thread? lol

Here's my list:

Reds - Joey Votto
    Cardinals - Yadier Molina
    Pirates - Andrew McCutcheon
    Brewers - Jean Segura
    Cubs - Anthony Rizzo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime58 View Post
    Did anyone actually discuss the original topic in this thread? lol

Here's my list:

Reds - Joey Votto
    Cardinals - Yadier Molina
    Pirates - Andrew McCutcheon
    I agree with those and don't care enough about theBrewers or Cubs to comment.
    Votto, Molina and McCutcheon are easy picks.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    Chapman for the most part is a non factor for the Reds this year so far. There are 3-4 other pitchers in the pen that could do what he has done so far and maybe better. Right now the most important player this team can't lose is Phillips. His defense, hustle and such and no other option at second is the man.
    I agree that they can't lose Phillips. Hopefully they can maintain while he is out. I am ok with Bruce in the 5 hole, but he is not clean up hitter, not yet anyway.

Turn Off Ads?