Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most important player to NL Central teams

Re: Most important player to NL Central teams

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Will Rosario, Brian McCann, Miguel Montero, John Buck and Hanigan. LuCroy or Russell Martin might be the 6th and 7th best, tossup between them and Molina. The guy is overrated, plain and simple. It's funny out here, he gets all the credit for the job of the starting pitching, but yet gets none of the blame for the bullpen. It he was as good as he's made out to be, the Cards wouldn't have bullpen problems. Miller was good before he got to St. Louis. So was Westbrook. Lynn was also good and Wainwright came from the Braves system and was around 3 HOF's, so Molina can't claim him either.

Anyway, it will be a two team race between the Pirates and Reds. Molina won't be able to do anything to help Jon Gast or this Tyler Lions kid. Mujica is smoke and mirrors. I think the Pirates are our biggest threat.
    I take yaddy over all of them except maybe mc cann when he is not injured. Buck will slow down offensively. Yaddy has it defensively over all of them with hanny being the closest. It pains me to say this but it's true. :/
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 05-22-2013 at 10:19 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yadier shows up against the Reds like Brandon shows up against the Cardinals.

Yadier is probably one of the top 3 catchers in the game right now.

But I heard Larussa actually say, and I'm guessing he was drunk when he was quoted, that Molina was better than Bench. Which just reaffirms that TLR is .......
    .....fill in with words that'd get us banned from RZ

He may be the most overrated player in baseball, but besides that, yeah, he's ok.

He's a singles hitter who has above average defense, but he's no where close to what Cardinal fans would have you believe. I watch him all the time, and he's very overrated. He may be the 5th or 6th best catcher in the NL.
    Care to back any of that up with some data?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I'm not sure the Reds could withstand the loss of Chapman. I'm also not sure the Cards have a player that is as good as any of the top 5 Reds players, so an injury to any one player wouldn't hurt them as much. With the Pirates, it's AM. The Reds are going to run away with this thing, now winning on the road and beating the unbeatable Harvey. The Brewers and Cubs, who cares.
    Funniest thing I've read today.

He may be the most overrated player in baseball, but besides that, yeah, he's ok.

He's a singles hitter who has above average defense, but he's no where close to what Cardinal fans would have you believe. I watch him all the time, and he's very overrated. He may be the 5th or 6th best catcher in the NL.
    A singles hitter that hit 22 HR's last year. And has won 5 straight gold gloves and the 1st 2 platinum gloves to ever be awarded. But yeah he's over rated. I'm sure the Reds would not take him. Whatever you're smoking, pass it around man. That's some great stuff. LOL Oh yeah, I forgot, Yadi also has 2 World Series rings if one of the Reds catchers, or anyone else on the Reds for that matter, wants to see them. You know, just to see what they actually look like.

Will Rosario, Brian McCann, Miguel Montero, John Buck and Hanigan. LuCroy or Russell Martin might be the 6th and 7th best, tossup between them and Molina. The guy is overrated, plain and simple. It's funny out here, he gets all the credit for the job of the starting pitching, but yet gets none of the blame for the bullpen. It he was as good as he's made out to be, the Cards wouldn't have bullpen problems. Miller was good before he got to St. Louis. So was Westbrook. Lynn was also good and Wainwright came from the Braves system and was around 3 HOF's, so Molina can't claim him either.

Anyway, it will be a two team race between the Pirates and Reds. Molina won't be able to do anything to help Jon Gast or this Tyler Lions kid. Mujica is smoke and mirrors. I think the Pirates are our biggest threat.
    You mean the .189 hitting Miguel Montero? And the .161 hitting Ryan Hanigan? And the .224 hitting John Buck. Good stuff. Keep hating man. This is hilarious. Jealousy is a mother they say.

I think you're making light of how good shutdown closers are. Chapman has the chance to be Mariano Rivera special, and no other team has a closer that can say that. Just keep him away from pastries and he'll be fine.

I love Phillips and yes the Reds would be in trouble without him, but I don't have a lot of faith in anyone else to do what Chapman is doing. Walt can always trade Cingrani for a position player if someone gets hurt, and now his value is even higher. But again, this is what I'm saying about the Reds. Choo, Phillips, Votto, Bruce, Chapman, Cueto and Latos are better than any player the Cards have.

The Cards farm system is also down to nothing now, so they have no help going forward. They keep talking about this kid Wacha, but nothing about him stands out. The Cards were stupid not to trade Tavares from Profar. Kozma is a .230 hitter in the minors and will be in the majors. They have no speed. I could go on and on, but I'm really sick of the hype and having them on the cover of SI today made my blood boil.
    Closers are dime a dozen, just look around the league. On our team alone we have at least 2-3 guys who could do just as well as Chapman has done numbers wise while a Red. Chapman is a one trick pony, he is a thrower, not a pitcher and until he "masters" the ability to actually pitch he really isn't anything special. Right now I would much prefer seeing either Lecure or even Hoover closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1701 View Post
    Chapman is a relief pitcher(sigh). The Reds can afford to lose him more than alot of people.

Phillips is up on the list of people we can't afford to lose. I'd say Votto obviously tops that list, but Phillips and Choo are right there.

And as far as Molina goes, he's the best defensive catcher in the game who has turned himself into a good hitter the last 3 years. He's an awesome player, who I really wish was not a Cardinal.
    I think the team proved last year that while he is a HUGE part of this team, his loss (Voto) isn't as horrible as we might have thought.

I think you're making light of how good shutdown closers are. Chapman has the chance to be Mariano Rivera special, and no other team has a closer that can say that. Just keep him away from pastries and he'll be fine.

I love Phillips and yes the Reds would be in trouble without him, but I don't have a lot of faith in anyone else to do what Chapman is doing. Walt can always trade Cingrani for a position player if someone gets hurt, and now his value is even higher. But again, this is what I'm saying about the Reds. Choo, Phillips, Votto, Bruce, Chapman, Cueto and Latos are better than any player the Cards have.

The Cards farm system is also down to nothing now, so they have no help going forward. They keep talking about this kid Wacha, but nothing about him stands out. The Cards were stupid not to trade Tavares from Profar. Kozma is a .230 hitter in the minors and will be in the majors. They have no speed. I could go on and on, but I'm really sick of the hype and having them on the cover of SI today made my blood boil.
    I truly believe that you're allowing your blind hatred to cloud your judgement. That sort of thinking will take years off your life, it's not healthy.

Although your observations in this thread clearly exhibit signs of delusional thinking, I have to believe that when your head hits the pillow, you really don't believe the opinions you are espousing.

For the most part, the posters in this forum are quite knowledgeable, and are probably chagrined at your unrealistic portrayal of the Reds' divisional rival. There is a big difference between rational discourse among baseball fans and nonsensical rants by fanatical zealots.

There is also a big difference between being optimistic and acting delusional. Relax and enjoy the summer, it's going to be a spirited pennant race among very good teams.

As for angst that you encountering in the workplace, I suggest you learn to deal with it. I'm sure it's something you have lived with for some time, being that you are in the bosom of the enemy.

Let it go before it begins to affect your work. Nobody likes too much salt on their french fries.
    Last edited by SpiritofStLouis; 05-23-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

11. Likes:

MikeThierry (05-23-2013),RedlegJake (05-23-2013)

Congratulations RFinMO. You managed to make half a dozen of the silliest statements I've seen on RZ all in a single thread. Chapman is the player the Reds could least afford to lose. Molina is only the 6th or 7th best catcher in the league. The Cards farm dystem (ranked 1st in ALL of baseball) is empty. No Cardinal is equal to the Reds 5 best players. The race is going to be a runaway and the only team we need worry about is the Pirates. No other team has a closer like Chapman....dialing Atlanta's bullpen..."uh that closer you got.....he's no good...just letting ya know". BTW Chapman's save% is really pedestrian for the best closer in baseball.

SoSL is right. You are letting hate cloud your judgement. Hopefully you really aren't as baseball dumb as this thread makes you look.

Wow... this might actually go in the books as the goofiest thread in the history of the Reds Zone. Yadier Molina overrated? He's probably going to go down in the history of the game as the third best defensive catcher behind Ivan Rodriguez and Bench if he keeps up his current production. He's won the Fielding Bible something like 4 or 5 times (which look into advanced stats and isn't biased by personal opinion). Not to mention that he catches the most innings of any catcher in baseball on a yearly basis. He's on pace for 1200+ innings this year at the catchers position.

EDIT: I also laughed when he said Westbrook was good before he came to St. Louis.

Oh and lets not forget that the Cardinals farm system is down to nothing even though they have the #3 prospect in baseball and the best 2B prospect in the minors now that Gyorko is up. Nope, that's nothing at all....

Reds fans would love having Yolina behind the plate, they just don't like he is a Card...

16. Likes:

ajswartz888 (05-23-2013),MikeThierry (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Oh and lets not forget that the Cardinals farm system is down to nothing even though they have the #3 prospect in baseball and the best 2B prospect in the minors now that Gyorko is up. Nope, that's nothing at all....

Once you guys have to use up Tavares, Wong and Wacha you will have nothing. I'm surprised so fan Reds fans on here think Molina is that good. I live here, watch a lot of Cards games and can tell you he is way overrated. I'm not sure how it got started nationally, but he does nothing mind blowing on defense. He's had 1 good power year, that's it, and has 2 HR's only this year.

The Cards don't have the depth or arms to hang with the Reds, and I'll happily be back in September when the Cards have fallen in 3rd place. Wainwright, Miller and Lynn won't be enough in the rotation.

Meanwhile, the Reds continue to win and the Cards can't pull away. With Cueto back, it's all over. Walt will trade for another bat and it won't be close. Eat my words I will not, and I have a feeling Cards fans won't be posting on a Reds board 2 months from now because there will be nothing to say.

I just don't get all the love for Molina, especially on a Reds board. I imagine most fans go by what they hear on the MLB network, but I watch a lot of the Cards, and he's league average at best.

Oh well, I guess it will be fun to talk about. The Cards fans I work with are nervous about the Reds, but I doubt many Reds fans are worried about the Cards. Pittsburgh is the team to watch out for, not the Cards. They always start hot, and end up sneaking in the playoffs as a wild card.

I also think it's funny how the guys at work talk about Chrissy Carpenter coming back. Holding out hope of your season on a 38 year old pitcher screams of desperation. He won't pitch again, and hasn't been good in a few years now when he has pitched.

Once you guys have to use up Tavares, Wong and Wacha you will have nothing. I'm surprised so fan Reds fans on here think Molina is that good. I live here, watch a lot of Cards games and can tell you he is way overrated. I'm not sure how it got started nationally, but he does nothing mind blowing on defense. He's had 1 good power year, that's it, and has 2 HR's only this year.

The Cards don't have the depth or arms to hang with the Reds, and I'll happily be back in September when the Cards have fallen in 3rd place. Wainwright, Miller and Lynn won't be enough in the rotation.

Meanwhile, the Reds continue to win and the Cards can't pull away. With Cueto back, it's all over. Walt will trade for another bat and it won't be close. Eat my words I will not, and I have a feeling Cards fans won't be posting on a Reds board 2 months from now because there will be nothing to say.

I just don't get all the love for Molina, especially on a Reds board. I imagine most fans go by what they hear on the MLB network, but I watch a lot of the Cards, and he's league average at best.

Oh well, I guess it will be fun to talk about. The Cards fans I work with are nervous about the Reds, but I doubt many Reds fans are worried about the Cards. Pittsburgh is the team to watch out for, not the Cards. They always start hot, and end up sneaking in the playoffs as a wild card.

I also think it's funny how the guys at work talk about Chrissy Carpenter coming back. Holding out hope of your season on a 38 year old pitcher screams of desperation. He won't pitch again, and hasn't been good in a few years now when he has pitched.
    You mean the Chris Carpenter that pitched a CG shutout in Game 5 of the NLDS in 2011 which propelled the Cardinals on to win the World Series? Is that the Chris Carpenter you are talking about? Yeah, he was terrible in 2011. Just god awful. And are you talking about the same Pittsburgh Pirates that have not finished above .500 since 1992? Is that the Pirates you tell about?
    You make yourself look a little sillier with every post. I can assure you the Cardinals and the Reds are not concerned about the Pirates. That's just the facts. You show your jealousy of the Cardinals more with every nonsense post you make. But keep hating man. It's kind of funny. I don't know why you can't just show a little respect. Everyone on else here seems to be down to earth. They know both teams are very good. So what's your problem. Other than jealousy of the model organization of the NL? Enjoy the rivalry instead of being so hateful. You'll have more fun and not be so miserable. Just a suggestion. Not that I think it will change anything.

Turn Off Ads?