Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Latos & Bruce

Re: Latos & Bruce

OK, this was nothing. As for Latos needing to mature, most guys his age need to in some ways. Homer used to lose his cool on the mound too, but he grew out of it. Latos will as well. I'm not at all concerned.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    "Nuke" Latos was just trying to "announce my presence with authority."
    One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Never Forget

Must have been a lost year for me.

What drama did we ever have concerning Pick?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post

That they bad enough to have him on the team was dramatic enough

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Latos: "Strikeouts are important; the SABR guys say so!"

Bruce: "Strikeouts aren't important; the SABR guys say so!"
    Well played, Mauer!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post

Having to find a uniform for him. As I recall, a sporting goods store supplied it. I'm fairly sure I'm remembering that correctly.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Having to find a uniform for him. As I recall, a sporting goods store supplied it. I'm fairly sure I'm remembering that correctly.
    I had high hopes for Cal Pickering, and Roberto Petagine.

All dashed...
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

This argument had all the intensity of one of those Reese's ads from long ago.

JB: You got your peanut butter on my chocolate.
    ML: You got your chocolate in my peanut butter.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

10. Likes:

redsfandan (05-24-2013),westofyou (05-23-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    http://reds.enquirer.com/2001/09/02/red_pickering.html

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Yeah, things like this she just needs to stay out of.
    She's got too much of a mouth, and is too thin skinned. He husband is a professional athlete, is going to catch heat from fans, media and fellow players, she needs to learn to deal with it.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Actually, I figured out what was happening.

This exchange between Mat and Jay was caught and shown on the "New York" camera feed. The "New York" feed was must have been more animated and "heated" than the "Cincinnati" feed.

In the "Cincinnati" feed, it was more laid back. They were laughing and slapping each other on the back.
    Spot on. I DVRed the game on MLB network (which carried the Mets feed). Definitely heated. Perhaps the type of thing that happens a lot in clubhouses, but definitely not in the dugout in plain sight with the cameras rolling. Ron Darling really laid into Latos for his immaturity, not just but because of this, but in general. He didn't let up later in the name. When Duda doubled over Bruce's head, Darling said something along the lines of, "I wonder if Latos is going to yell at him now."
    Stick to your guns.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    She's got too much of a mouth, and is too thin skinned. He husband is a professional athlete, is going to catch heat from fans, media and fellow players, she needs to learn to deal with it.
    Much easier said than done. She certainly puts herself out there with the whole twitter thing though.

The players on the BRM had their fair share of verbal arguments. It happens. No big deal.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

16. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-24-2013),redsfandan (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Spot on. I DVRed the game on MLB network (which carried the Mets feed). Definitely heated. Perhaps the type of thing that happens a lot in clubhouses, but definitely not in the dugout in plain sight with the cameras rolling. Ron Darling really laid into Latos for his immaturity, not just but because of this, but in general. He didn't let up later in the name. When Duda doubled over Bruce's head, Darling said something along the lines of, "I wonder if Latos is going to yell at him now."
    I dislike Darling.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    And she looks for it too. She will say she stumbled across something by searching for Latos line on twitter. Really? Who uses twitter to search for stats when you are one click away from mlb app with full box score.

Now I would never ever say something negative about an athlete on Twitter but you have to know that exists and when you bring attention to it makes it look like Reds fans are especially cruel. When reality is if you are watching a sporting event, and someone screws up or performs poorly search their name on twitter. You will not believe the things you see. Idiots are gonna say idiotic things, no need to look for it and give them attention. He is no different than every other athlete.

Turn Off Ads?