Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found in the driveway

Re: Look what I found in the driveway

I'm so sorry ORH. His last days were spend with people who cared, that's a blessing. Thank you for trying.

2. Likes:

marcshoe (05-29-2013),Revering4Blue (05-26-2013),Slyder (05-26-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Well, the little guy gave up the ghost this morning, sometime between 6:00 and 7:00 am. At 6:00 I heard him meowing and I went over and he was sitting outside the litter box where he had just done his business. I picked him up and held him until he calmed down and then put him back in his bed. I woke up at 7:00 and he had passed in his sleep.

I'm not sure what did him in. He was eating more and getting more active each day and then he just expired in his sleep. I take some comfort in knowing that we gave him a much better life for the last week than he would have had if we hadn't found him, but it doesn't make it any easier. He had grown quite attached to me, and me to him. This is a rough day.
    Sorry to hear that ORH. At least you gave a good home for a few days and he had good comfort and care for his last days.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Well, the little guy gave up the ghost this morning, sometime between 6:00 and 7:00 am. At 6:00 I heard him meowing and I went over and he was sitting outside the litter box where he had just done his business. I picked him up and held him until he calmed down and then put him back in his bed. I woke up at 7:00 and he had passed in his sleep.

I'm not sure what did him in. He was eating more and getting more active each day and then he just expired in his sleep. I take some comfort in knowing that we gave him a much better life for the last week than he would have had if we hadn't found him, but it doesn't make it any easier. He had grown quite attached to me, and me to him. This is a rough day.
    Sorry for your lost ORH, at least the little guy got to know what it was like to have a home for a few days. You at least gave the little guy a chance he would not have had otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

What a thoughtful thing you did, ORH. Best wishes.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

So sad the little guy didn't make it but you did a wonderful thing in helping him have a home for a little while. Sending some hugs your way.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I just read this thread, enjoying what you had done for the little guy. I hated to read that he had died.
    Last year we took in three abandoned kittens near our church. We bottle fed them. One eventually died but the other two survived. We gave one away to friends and kept the other, named "Princess" by our youngest son. Princess is still thriving more than a year later.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Oh, I'm so sorry, ORH. He no doubt had the best days of his little life with you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Oh, I'm so sorry, ORH. He no doubt had the best days of his little life with you.
    This...

I lost a cat to cancer last year, a young one and lord knows they get in you and man letting them go is the pits.

Just know you tried your best and that's all you can do.

I'm sorry ORH, you win for trying though and the world will know that

Echoing everyone else, ORH, I'm sorry to hear about the little guy. You did what you could - hang in there.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Sorry for your loss. Its always very hard to lose someone you love, even if he was only in your life for a short time.

I echo what others have said: you did a wonderful thing to show him love while he was here.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Update. Found this guy yesterday, probably from the same litter. I think the mother might be deceased because there doesn't seem to be a darn thing wrong with him except for there being no mother around. He was kind of scared at first but he warmed up to me pretty fast and now he's fairly well domesticated for only being in the house one day. The only rub is that my wife is not too keen on keeping him. She's not an animal person, but I'm hoping I can convince her.

The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

15. Likes:

Chip R (06-06-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-14-2013),New York Red (06-06-2013),Revering4Blue (06-08-2013),RichRed (06-06-2013),Sea Ray (06-08-2013),Slyder (06-05-2013),WMR (06-09-2013)

That little fellow is so cute that I bet your wife quickly falls in love with him and "lets" you keep him.

I like the Johnny Bench Wheaties box. Who is on the Pepsi Bottle?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    That little fellow is so cute that I bet your wife quickly falls in love with him and "lets" you keep him.

I like the Johnny Bench Wheaties box. Who is on the Pepsi Bottle?
    The Pepsi bottle is a '75 World Series commemorative bottle, never opened.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Awesome that you've rescued another orphaned kitten.

Has the Pepsi in that commemorative bottle evaporated over the years? It looks barely half full. At one time I had at least one of those and the Wheaties box as well, among others. Remember the World Series commemorative Hudepohl cans? I had a bunch of those as a kid, thanks to my dad, but I don't have any of these things anymore. I guess my mom didn't appreciate their importance as much as I did.

*Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Turn Off Ads?