Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam Dunn......future Hall of Famer?

Re: Adam Dunn......future Hall of Famer?

Not even if you got on MLB The Show and played his last few years for him getting MVPs and World Series Rings every year

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Dunn ranks 4th on the Reds all time HR list. The Reds HOF includes Mike McCormick, Jerry Lynch, Ival Goodman and Wally Post. Dunn will join them.
    Yes, Dunner will be in the Reds HoF, and I hope Marty B is still around to emcee the program that day.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-24-2013)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I love Dunn, but I'm going to have to say no. This sounds crazy, but he would possibly need 600 HR.

That would probably take finishing off this year with 30 more HR and then four more years of 40 HR each. In the process, he'd at least need to get his OPS north of .800, which is doubtful since he's only managed an OPS of .695 through his last 1317 plate appearances with the White Sox. Sad to see his career OPS down to .865 already.

Honestly, unless he figures something out, I don't see him playing past next season. He's had a solid career and was an offensive force with the Reds. Unfortunately he was a scapegoat for an organization that had horrendous pitching and other issues. He should have moved to 1B earlier in his career, but I'm happy with the way things have turned out for us at that position.

Definitley a Reds Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post

Honestly, unless he figures something out, I don't see him playing past next season.
    A few years ago I figured Dunn would reach 500 HRs for his career. At this point I have my doubts. He has 417 career HRs, but his overall production isn't much better this season than it was in his historically bad 2011. At age 33 Dunn appears to perhaps be dunn.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

No, but deserves the Reds HOF

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Nope. Doubt he even makes the Reds HOF.
    Wayne Granger is in the Reds HOF.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Nope, he had a shot at it based on his HR's until he fell off the cliff production wise in 2011.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Turn Off Ads?