Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If you could acquire one player at the deadline, who would it be?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If you could acquire one player at the deadline, who would it be?

I've had a hard week of work, and I came down sick last night, so I'm taking it easy today.

This is just for fun. I realize there are a lot of things that go into acquiring a player. I'm just curious who YOU would be interested in acquiring if a deal could get done for Reds prospects only and maybe adding a Chapman or Leake or both. I don't want to get into losing any key position players or starting pitching.

Here are the rules:
    1. Cannot be a player on a playoff contender......let's just say the team has to have a sub-.500 record right now.
    2. Cannot be Bryce Harper (Nats one game over .500 anyway) or Mike Trout.
    3. Player cannot be making more than $15M this year. Because at the deadline, the Reds would be responsible for about half or less of that. (edited this and increased it)

There you have it. Now who would YOU acquire that meets those rules?
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 05-24-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Turn Off Ads?