Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: If you could acquire one player at the deadline, who would it be?

Re: If you could acquire one player at the deadline, who would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    With you 100% on Ibanez having PH value.

I'd rather have him being our best chance off the bench than Xman or Lutz.
    the other role he would serve well in would be DH in AL parks. Who will DH for the Reds in that trip to Oakland and Texas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Headley
    That's Heady!
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Who is a vet with a reasonable 1 year contract on a non-contending team who has 8 homeruns in 102 at bats a slugging percentage of .532 and an OPS+ of 122 that could be a bat off the bench?

Some of the moves that help a playoff team are the little moves to bolster the bench. One of the Reds bigger issues at the moment is lack of a formidable bat off the bench. (This is partially because of a lack of a bat and partially due to lack of BIG issues.) Having someone more reliable off the bench as a PH option than Mike Leake would be nice.
    Do the Reds really need a one dimensional aged player to occasionally pinch hit against righties? NO.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

This isn't very splashy, but how about James Russell if Marshall's injury lingers?

6. Likes:

mth123 (05-24-2013), Old school 1983 (05-27-2013), Revering4Blue (05-24-2013)

"Mike" Stanton

MIKE DUNN- Miami Marlins

I would offer Villarreal for Dunn or some C level prospect. He is EXACTLY what this team needs, especially with Marshall's health issues and Parra's ineffectiveness.

9. Likes:

mth123 (05-24-2013), Old school 1983 (05-27-2013), Revering4Blue (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    MIKE DUNN- Miami Marlins

I would offer Villarreal for Dunn or some C level prospect. He is EXACTLY what this team needs, especially with Marshall's health issues and Parra's ineffectiveness.
    The Marlins may make some sense. Dunn really fits and Justin Ruggiano is a bit of a lefty killer who would fit well. He can play all three positions and provide a break for Bruce, Choo, Paul or Lutz against LHP. I think it would take more than what you are suggesting to get Dunn though. Maybe something like Corcino, Soto and H-Rod for Dunn and Ruggiano.

Another possibility as a RH bench bat from the Marlins is Austin Kearns. A nice thread title would be "Reds trade for Dunn and Kearns?"
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I look forward to the potential "Dunn traded to the Reds" thread.

12. Likes:

kbrake (05-25-2013), Roy Tucker (05-26-2013)

Dunn/Ozuna

for

Corcino
    Soto
    Villarreal
    Lotzkar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Bautista although I don't know how much he makes.
    14 large through 2015, team option for '16 at same price (age 35).

Pretty reasonable, considering.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

gimme Starlin Castro or Alex Rios

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realistic View Post
    gimme Starlin Castro or Alex Rios
    Rios maybe, realistic. Castro? Probably not, realistic.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Headley
    I agree. I've agreed for a long time. It would cost too much, but I'm sure he'll be available if the Pads fall out of contention. He's a gold glove 3B and can also play LF.

Ben Zobrist at shortstop.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

I would like to see us acquire Freddy Galvis from the Phillies. He can play multiple infield positions, allowing us to to upgrade from Izturis and give competition to Cozart! This one move would greatly improve the backend of the roster and provide better depth over the lenght of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Personally, I'd target 1990 Bo Jackson.

In all my years of watching baseball I've had many "what if" moments regarding players who didn't turn out like I thought or got injured, but none came close to the "what if" regarding Bo. The things he could do on the field were just incredible.
    His throw out of Harold Reynolds at home plate is legendary.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. -- Terrance Mann (Field of Dreams)

Turn Off Ads?