Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Re: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Certainly. What about a compromise for all of you that have to go so badly during live action - at DBacks games it use to be (maybe still is) that you could leave your seat whenever, but ushers would not let anyone down the aisles back to their seat until there was a stoppage in play, typically the end of a half inning. I always thought that was cool. Minimized the up and downs.
    I encountered this for the first time this past Sunday in Philly. It struck me as one of those ideas where all you can say is, "of course." Should be a standard throughout baseball. Although, I also noticed that they have a heck of a lot of ushers in that ballpark.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

2. Turn Off Ads?

To the topic of the call of nature, hey it happens to us all and I can handle it. What I can't handle and that makes me a 'jerk' is the guy who is drunk off his ass by the second inning and is up and down twenty times during the game. Have a beer or three, but if you're there to get drunk, don't bother coming to your seat because yes, I'm there to watch the game and it is annoying to me when you are up twenty times. And if you do and think you're entitled to get up and interrupt the game that many times, then I'm entitled to get annoyed with you.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

4. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-25-2013),mth123 (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    I encountered this for the first time this past Sunday in Philly. It struck me as one of those ideas where all you can say is, "of course." Should be a standard throughout baseball. Although, I also noticed that they have a heck of a lot of ushers in that ballpark.
    Its hockey protocol. Should indeed be a standard in all parks.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Think we should split this thread up? Have a thread about getting up during the game and have this thread be about promotions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

Fil3232 (05-25-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Think we should split this thread up? Have a thread about getting up during the game and have this thread be about promotions?
    I apologize to all, especially mattfeet, for derailing the thread right away with my sarcastic post.

I'd love to see a yearly old timers game, like they do at Yankee Stadium every year.
    Last edited by Always Red; 05-25-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    To the topic of the call of nature, hey it happens to us all and I can handle it. What I can't handle and that makes me a 'jerk' is the guy who is drunk off his ass by the second inning and is up and down twenty times during the game. Have a beer or three, but if you're there to get drunk, don't bother coming to your seat because yes, I'm there to watch the game and it is annoying to me when you are up twenty times. And if you do and think you're entitled to get up and interrupt the game that many times, then I'm entitled to get annoyed with you.
    My favorite post ever.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

10. Likes:

Joseph (05-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    That would most likely be really expensive/a logistical nightmare. I worked at a bar over in Newport on the Levee and anytime the Reds had essentially 30,000 plus, I got zero coverage, couldn't even send a text message. I'm a Verizon customer, they don't ever normally have issues around downtown.
    The NFL is doing it for most of their stadiums.

I have Sprint on my phone and I can hardly get any coverage in GABP. I'd think the social media "advertising" would more than pay for it. It would make it much easier for people to tweet and facebook and post pictures and all that.

I wrote an email to the Reds about it and just got a "we currently have no plans for it" response. I know it would cost money, but technology is all there now and many stadia have it. I just think it would be a forward-looking thing and it would be nice for the Reds to lead the pack rather than do a "me too" thing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Jay Bruce Kids Bat Day June 9 vs. StL. It's full-sized, but only plastic. Would still be good for swatting Cards fans.

13. Likes:

MrRedLegger (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The NFL is doing it for most of their stadiums.

I have Sprint on my phone and I can hardly get any coverage in GABP. I'd think the social media "advertising" would more than pay for it. It would make it much easier for people to tweet and facebook and post pictures and all that.

I wrote an email to the Reds about it and just got a "we currently have no plans for it" response. I know it would cost money, but technology is all there now and many stadia have it. I just think it would be a forward-looking thing and it would be nice for the Reds to lead the pack rather than do a "me too" thing.
    Dodger stadium put in free wifi this season.

I rhink every stadium will have it shortly. They will need to. People are just too dependent on their phones these days.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I've proposed Oktoberfest/German heritage day before.

How about crazy costume night? Prizes for best costume.

A.J. Burnett t-shirt night.

Zombie Apocalypse night.

Stirrup sock giveaway.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

"College Night" (if they already do this I apologize for suggesting)

A college ID would give a discount on tickets, food, etc. They'd definitely ask for discounted beer, but don't we all already? I'm not talking a $1 beer catastrophe. Even $6 a beer is reasonable considering they're $9 apiece. Even if your ID is from the 70's when you sported the mustache, they'll take it. At some point baseball should be fun, and a round of beers should be less than $30.

And mustache day. Real and fake. I usually sport an oversized handlebar that I get in Lexington before the drive up. They cost a lot less than most promos, and everyone loves it. Would be great on the kiss cam, etc.

On a side note, if you want a line of women waiting to talk you to at the bar, wear a big fake mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I've proposed Oktoberfest/German heritage day before.
    This year they're in Pittsburgh for Oktoberfest Zinzinnati.

Two weekends that the Reds should no matter what have home stands on are Taste of Cincinnati and Oktoberfest. There's too much money circulating in the city for those weekends to not lock those down.

How about everyone is given a bag of rocks upon entry to the stadium and if anyone starts wooing during the game your allowed to pelt them with rocks with no repercussions?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

19. Likes:

KYRedLeg (05-26-2013),Red in Chicago (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    This year they're in Pittsburgh for Oktoberfest Zinzinnati.

Two weekends that the Reds should no matter what have home stands on are Taste of Cincinnati and Oktoberfest. There's too much money circulating in the city for those weekends to not lock those down.
    Yep. I was in town for Oktoberfest last year and got tickets off StubHub to see the Reds clinch the division. Great weekend all around.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Joey Votto fancy coffee mug night.

Turn Off Ads?