Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Re: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    What could go wrong?
    While there is an opportunity for this to be a terrible idea, hundreds of minor league stadiums, hockey arenas, etc., all do this and I've never once heard of it being a terrible idea.

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

To add to that, I'd be happy with a $5 beer night. LOL

-Matt

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Disco Demolition Night

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I think we are onto something with the "Crosley Day". Do it on a Sunday day game. No piped-in music, organ only. Only "old-timey" stats on the scoreboard, no video. Giveaway for the first 20,000 in coat and tie or dress. Throwback uniforms on the field (maybe the 1919 or 1940 WS winners). I think it would be awesome!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

6. Likes:

New York Red (05-24-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (05-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I think we are onto something with the "Crosley Day". Do it on a Sunday day game. No piped-in music, organ only. Only "old-timey" stats on the scoreboard, no video. Giveaway for the first 20,000 in coat and tie or dress. Throwback uniforms on the field (maybe the 1919 or 1940 WS winners). I think it would be awesome!
    I remember a while back, I think it was at Riverfront/Cinergy where they did something similar. They didn't use the PA system but used a guy with like a turn of the century bullhorn type cone to announce the lineups. Not sure how everyone heard it but I do recall they did it.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I'd love to see "Stay In Your Damn Seat While The Game Is In Progress" night at the old ballyard.

Sorry, but anyone who can remain in their seat for 3 or 4 hours must have a behind made of iron. I've never been able to do it.
    Last edited by Plus Plus; 05-24-2013 at 10:21 PM.

I like the old school Crosley idea. Of course to make it truly authentic they would have to allow smoking inside the ball park for that day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I love this idea. I went to a few Crosley Field games with my dad, but it was long after the hats and suits days. When exactly did that era end? It seems it was mostly an eastern thing. Once MLB went west, so did the business attire?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    While there is an opportunity for this to be a terrible idea, hundreds of minor league stadiums, hockey arenas, etc., all do this and I've never once heard of it being a terrible idea.

-Matt
    I dont think it would trump this one

Ten Cent Beer Night: A promotion held by the Cleveland Indians on June 4, 1974 backfired when intoxicated Cleveland fans jumped onto the field and attacked Texas Rangers outfielder Jeff Burroughs with the score tied 5-5 in the ninth inning. This led to a riot in which the drunken and rowdy fans—armed with an array of debris including chunks of the stadium seating – brawled with players from both teams as well as with staff members. The umpires forfeited the game to Texas.[5]

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I like the old school Crosley idea. Of course to make it truly authentic they would have to allow smoking inside the ball park for that day as well.
    Hopefully the smoking part never happens, and I know it won't. Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    What could go wrong?
    You might relax and enjoy yourself for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Hopefully the smoking part never happens, and I know it won't. Thank goodness.
    Yeah it won't but it wouldn't truly be authentic if they didn't allow smoking. Personally I think it'd be neat and I don't smoke.

15. Likes:

George Anderson (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I'd love to see "Stay In Your Damn Seat While The Game Is In Progress" night at the old ballyard.

I will never forget going to a minor league game with my dad when I was a kid. There was a younger kid sitting by us, and he kept getting up and running around the entire game, and making us have to move for him. My dad finally grabbed him and asked if he wanted to go meet Jesus-that he might if he keeps getting up so many times.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Maybe an 18 and up night where the best breasts on the scoreboard gets a pair of free Reds tickets? They could promote it as some kind of breast cancer night.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Sorry, but anyone who can remain in their seat for 3 or 4 hours must have an ass made of iron. I've never been able to do it.
    You missed my point, NYR, no one expects anyone to stay in their seat for 3-4 hours, but not be getting up and down constantly while the game is in progress (ie- actually being played)

Good times to get up or sit back down include: between innings, when managers come out to argue, pitching changes, umpires reviewing replay, etc.

I don't think it's too much to ask for folks to wait until there is a break in the action to get up, make you get up and not be able to see the game, do you?

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-24-2013),Joseph (05-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?