Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Figured it'd be fun to have a discussion not directly related to the Reds' on-field product and success.

I've thought for YEARS that it'd be really cool to have a "Crosley Field Day" where fans are encouraged to wear their "Sunday best", similar to how fans used to dress back in the (g)olden days. Vendors would all wear something similar to what the mobile-hotdog-guy wears now, no electronics would be used on scoreboards/message boards except for the main board with a "retro" style stat line. Ideally, it'd be cool to see concession prices reduced, but that wouldn't happen. In between innings there would be no current bands blaring over the loud speakers, but just the organist going to town. It'd be an homage to what the experience of baseball used to be, not saying that today's experience is poor, but it'd be fun to "go back in time" the only way we can.

What would your ideas be? It can be a giveaway, promotion, themed day, etc.

-Matt

2. Likes:

Fil3232 (05-24-2013),redsfanmia (05-25-2013),RiverRat13 (05-24-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (05-26-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

I'd love to see "Stay In Your Damn Seat While The Game Is In Progress" night at the old ballyard.

5. Likes:

bounty37h (05-24-2013),gilpdawg (05-24-2013),HeatherC1212 (05-24-2013),KYRedLeg (05-24-2013),OnBaseMachine (05-24-2013),Red in Chicago (05-24-2013),redsfanmia (05-25-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I'd love to see "Stay In Your Damn Seat While The Game Is In Progress" night at the old ballyard.

THIS.

BTW-They mainly use only the organ for music during Sunday day games so fans do get that experience when they attend those games.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Bring back Farmers Night. Who wouldn't want to see Bronson Arroyo milking a cow?

8. Likes:

moewan (05-24-2013),New York Red (05-24-2013),REDREAD (05-24-2013)

I'd love to see that too, but I don't want to limit it to one night...

I'd go for a woo-less game. Can we arrange that?

11. Likes:

KYRedLeg (05-24-2013),PedroBourbon (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Figured it'd be fun to have a discussion not directly related to the Reds' on-field product and success.

I've thought for YEARS that it'd be really cool to have a "Crosley Field Day" where fans are encouraged to wear their "Sunday best", similar to how fans used to dress back in the (g)olden days. Vendors would all wear something similar to what the mobile-hotdog-guy wears now, no electronics would be used on scoreboards/message boards except for the main board with a "retro" style stat line. Ideally, it'd be cool to see concession prices reduced, but that wouldn't happen. In between innings there would be no current bands blaring over the loud speakers, but just the organist going to town. It'd be an homage to what the experience of baseball used to be, not saying that today's experience is poor, but it'd be fun to "go back in time" the only way we can.

What would your ideas be? It can be a giveaway, promotion, themed day, etc.

-Matt
    I think the Royals did something similar to that recently. Everyone dress in their Sunday best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I used to enjoy the Father-son games that were played once a year or so before a home game.

Do they do any kind of Father-children game anymore?

I used to enjoy the Father-son games that were played once a year or so before a home game.

Do they do any kind of Father-children game anymore?

Used to have a husbands/wives game too. If the wives/girl friends are nice looking I wouldn;t mind seeing that.

They should have a Red-Leg night. Everyone wear their most outrageous red stockings. That could be highly entertaining.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

screw every other promotion. $1 beer night

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think the Royals did something similar to that recently. Everyone dress in their Sunday best.
    Some Royals fans are trying to start that as a Jackie Robinson Day tradition.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...195528465.html

In DC the ushers put up a stop sign at the entrance of the section for anyone trying to get back to their seats during an inning. I had not seen this before this season. I got caught on one of those during a half inning. I didn't have to wait too long as Dusty came out to talk to a pitcher.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Do they ever do a "Old-Timers" game? Would be cool to see a BRM v other ex Reds game.

Also I would like to see a Reds WS Ring Presentation day next spring.

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-24-2013),HeatherC1212 (05-24-2013)

Aroldis Chapman pastries night!

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    screw every other promotion. $1 beer night
    What could go wrong?

Turn Off Ads?