Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Re: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    What could go wrong?
    They could run out of beer.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    They could run out of beer.
    Didn't they run out of hot dogs on a $1 hot dog game in the past (Marge era)?
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I think we are onto something with the "Crosley Day". Do it on a Sunday day game. No piped-in music, organ only. Only "old-timey" stats on the scoreboard, no video. Giveaway for the first 20,000 in coat and tie or dress. Throwback uniforms on the field (maybe the 1919 or 1940 WS winners). I think it would be awesome!
    I'd prefer a night game (maybe Friday night?) because it can get very uncomfortable in the summer. I'm going to try sort of dress up tomorrow since it's my birthday. Planning to get my hair done in the morning, then at the game go and have a nice meal at the Riverfront Club.

Speaking of "dressing up" saw on the last homestand a Mennonite woman in a bonnet with a short Reds jersey over a long full bright red skirt - didn't look too bad!
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

5. Likes:

RANDY IN INDY (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I'd prefer a night game (maybe Friday night?) because it can get very uncomfortable in the summer. I'm going to try sort of dress up tomorrow since it's my birthday. Planning to get my hair done in the morning, then at the game go and have a nice meal at the Riverfront Club.

Speaking of "dressing up" saw on the last homestand a Mennonite woman in a bonnet with a short Reds jersey over a long full bright red skirt - didn't look too bad!
    You must provide pictures!
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    You must provide pictures!
    Sorry, don't want to ruin my nice camera... I wished that I have taken a picture of the Mennonite woman - but it was very unexpected and she just breezed on by me...

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    You missed my point, NYR, no one expects anyone to stay in their seat for 3-4 hours, but not be getting up and down constantly while the game is in progress (ie- actually being played)

Good times to get up or sit back down include: between innings, when managers come out to argue, pitching changes, umpires reviewing replay, etc.

I don't think it's too much to ask for folks to wait until there is a break in the action to get up, make you get up and not be able to see the game, do you?
    Agreed.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

I'd love to see "Stay In Your Damn Seat While The Game Is In Progress" night at the old ballyard.

You say that until the first time the guy sitting next to you craps his pants because you didn't want to be inconvenienced.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You say that until the first time the guy sitting next to you craps his pants because you didn't want to be inconvenienced.
    Well, how many of those ups and downs are real emergencies, doug, and how many are just folks being rude, not even being rude, but not just thinking?

I'll make an exception for emergency diarrhea and vomiting as well. ok?

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post

Happy Birthday a day early! Nothing better than going to a ballgame on your birthday. I have been able to that the last two years.

Dress like a Mennonite Day would interesting too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Well, how many of those ups and downs are real emergencies, doug, and how many are just folks being rude, not even being rude, but not just thinking?

I'll make an exception for emergency diarrhea and vomiting as well. ok?
    Well if you make that exception, they are just going to claim they have diarrhea the entire game and still do what they always do.

Honestly, what makes you more important than me (speaking in generalities here)? Why is your convenience of watching the game more important than mine of going to the bathroom or getting a drink or hot dog or beer or whatever else when I want to get one? I go to 10-20 games a year. I don't leave my seat except to go to the restroom. I have never felt like others were being rude or anything else simply because they left their seat. It happens. They paid to get into the park too. That includes all that comes with it. The restrooms, the playground for their kids, the vendors, the food and beverage options, the team shop, the kiosks.

14. Likes:

New York Red (05-24-2013), REDREAD (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well if you make that exception, they are just going to claim they have diarrhea the entire game and still do what they always do.

Honestly, what makes you more important than me (speaking in generalities here)? Why is your convenience of watching the game more important than mine of going to the bathroom or getting a drink or hot dog or beer or whatever else when I want to get one? I go to 10-20 games a year. I don't leave my seat except to go to the restroom. I have never felt like others were being rude or anything else simply because they left their seat. It happens. They paid to get into the park too. That includes all that comes with it. The restrooms, the playground for their kids, the vendors, the food and beverage options, the team shop, the kiosks.
    ORGers should use this same thinking. Everyone isn't the same, but we all love the Reds. Stop thinking you're better than any other poster. Thank you, Doug.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

There are, at a minimum, 17 stoppages in play in a 9-inning game. That only counts breaks after half innings. Throw in as many as 10 for pitching changes and there is ample time to take bathroom, beer and/or snack trips without asking me to let you by while the game is going on, which I believe is what people are complaining about here.

I'll be glad to stand up and let you come and go every single time their is a break in the action -- as long as you are considerate enough to wait until those times.

17. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-24-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I like the old timers game. Bring in the BRM and other era Reds players and then bring in some oldtimers from other teams to play them. I enjoy seeing those guys. It would be fun if they could mic a few of them up too. And allow Pete to participate.

They say Eric Davis at 50 looks like he could still play today.

They're not getting any younger and soon many of them will have passed on sadly.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    There are, at a minimum, 17 stoppages in play in a 9-inning game. That only counts breaks after half innings. Throw in as many as 10 for pitching changes and there is ample time to take bathroom, beer and/or snack trips without asking me to let you by while the game is going on, which I believe is what people are complaining about here.

I'll be glad to stand up and let you come and go every single time their is a break in the action -- as long as you are considerate enough to wait until those times.
    If only we could schedule our restroom needs. How do you manage that, whether you're at home or at the ballpark, or elsewhere? Or our children's bathroom needs? Should we not allow kids at the ballpark?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post

Everyone isn't exactly like you. Some people simply can't wait 10-20 minutes for an inning to end to go to the restroom. Or to go get a drink. Or to get their child to a bathroom who even assuming is fully healthy with their relief systems simply can't control it/hold it like a healthy adult can. Maybe I worked all day and got to my seat right at game time and thought I could wait a little bit to grab food. But then the first inning goes on for 35 minutes because the Braves drop a 7 spot. Sorry, I need to eat. Deal with it.

Again, you aren't more important than me or anyone else nor is your watching the game for every last second of play more important than mine is to go to the restroom, get a drink, get food, go shop or anything else that comes along with my ticket price.

Turn Off Ads?