Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Instead of Split-the-Pot, they have a Hit in the 2 Spot winner.

In fine print ... Must be a Right Handed Hitter
    Get on base you win....a Zack Cozart autographed baseball! Signed "Thanks, Zack".

2. Likes:

Always Red (05-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What promotions would you like to see at GABP?

i dress up for work. the last thing i want to do is go to a ball game dressed up, sitting in a confined area, getting beer, soda, popcorn and peanuts spilled on me.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Everyone understands an emergency, but in all honesty, I really don't think that is what anyone is complaining about. Not knowing the difference is problematic in itself, and borders on, as you say, "clueless." The jerk comment is not really necessary.
    Sorry, but anyone who considers it a nuisance to just lean one direction or the other briefly to see around someone who chooses to move at a sporting event, is a "jerk". I hate sitting around people like that, and fortunately they are the exception rather than the rule.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Yes, my 40th birthday to boot. Think I'm going to take the kids to that one.
    That same day will be my 50th. Congrats on your youth. Grrr.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

How 'bout a promotion night called "Shortstop bats 7th" night!
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

8. Likes:

redsfandan (05-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Sorry, but anyone who considers it a nuisance to just lean one direction or the other briefly to see around someone who chooses to move at a sporting event, is a "jerk". I hate sitting around people like that, and fortunately they are the exception rather than the rule.
    I have been going to UK football and basketball and Reds games for more than 40 years. I have never, I repeat never, gone to a concession stand or restroom during game action. Not because I don't want to miss anything, but rather I would never think of asking people seated around me to miss a second of action because of me.

I wait until timeouts/between plays or between innings to both leave my seat and return. If that makes me a jerk, so be it.

10. Likes:

Always Red (05-24-2013), FlightRick (05-25-2013), HeatherC1212 (05-25-2013), KYRedLeg (05-26-2013), RANDY IN INDY (05-24-2013), redsfanmia (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't mind it a couple of times a game but when the same people are up and down throughout the entire game, during the action? Well, I really don't like sitting around those kinds of people and they seem to be the rule, rather than the exception these days. I am the same as Norm Chortleton. I never get up and make people miss the action. I wait until there is a break of some kind, and I don't come back to the seat until there is another break. I feel it is common courtesy, but very obviously, a great majority of people could care less about anyone's enjoyment but their own.

I guess that makes me a jerk, as well, Norm.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

12. Likes:

Always Red (05-24-2013), HeatherC1212 (05-25-2013), Joseph (05-25-2013), KYRedLeg (05-26-2013)

Eevery has urgent times to leave their seat. We're all biological creatures and sometimes stuff happens.

The only thing I'll ask is when its optional and not urgent, just wait for a break in play. I don't think that's too much to ask. Certainly not jerk-like.

Pay attention to the open sky

14. Likes:

Always Red (05-25-2013), HeatherC1212 (05-25-2013)

Free wifi. I really don't get why CBTS or someone doesn't sponsor it.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Free wifi. I really don't get why CBTS or someone doesn't sponsor it.
    That would most likely be really expensive/a logistical nightmare. I worked at a bar over in Newport on the Levee and anytime the Reds had essentially 30,000 plus, I got zero coverage, couldn't even send a text message. I'm a Verizon customer, they don't ever normally have issues around downtown.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Eevery has urgent times to leave their seat. We're all biological creatures and sometimes stuff happens.

The only thing I'll ask is when its optional and not urgent, just wait for a break in play. I don't think that's too much to ask. Certainly not jerk-like.
    This... I was waiting for someone more eloquent to express my feelings on matter... Thanks Roy!
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Certainly. What about a compromise for all of you that have to go so badly during live action - at DBacks games it use to be (maybe still is) that you could leave your seat whenever, but ushers would not let anyone down the aisles back to their seat until there was a stoppage in play, typically the end of a half inning. I always thought that was cool. Minimized the up and downs.
    This place use to be fun

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-25-2013), Joseph (05-25-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Certainly. What about a compromise for all of you that have to go so badly during live action - at DBacks games it use to be (maybe still is) that you could leave your seat whenever, but ushers would not let anyone down the aisles back to their seat until there was a stoppage in play, typically the end of a half inning. I always thought that was cool. Minimized the up and downs.
    I think this is the ideal solution.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yeah, we were afraid to use them in real games, exactly for that reason. Sorry about yours

As for safety, I don't see the problem. I mean, everyone has a bat, so it'll be a fair fight
    I had a Ceasar Cedeno model I used in little league games for a year or so. I still have a really nice Alex Trevino jersey I got in 82 or 83
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You say that until the first time the guy sitting next to you craps his pants because you didn't want to be inconvenienced.
    Honestly if you are having these issues or are that sick shouldn't you just stay home?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

23. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (05-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?