Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.24.13 Cubs at Reds

Re: 5.24.13 Cubs at Reds

I'm betting Feldman wishes he'd throw the fourth pitch of the at bat out of the strike zone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    How's that for a two-out hit? Gonnnnnne!!!! We are 5-3!
    I was thinking earlier about how long it had been since we had a 3 run dinger.
    This game has turned around fast.

Why in Christ's name is Hanigan looking at back to back strikes with a 3 ball count, a runner on 3rd, and the pitcher on deck.

And halfway into my sentence Hanny makes me look the fool. Their pitcher looks ridiculous now for peppering all those strikes in there.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Why on earth were they pitching to him, much less giving him a 3-2 cookie? Wow.

And a pop-fly out, but over 40 pitches that inning and the Reds have a 2-run lead. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I bet they don't next time.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    That's why they are the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    A-Rod and Manny were spectacular in their prime, but I can't think of one that comes close today, either.
    Don't get me wrong, Votto is a beast with opposite field power. But Miguel Cabrera is close if not on the same level. And that's hard for me to say because Votto is far and away my favorite player.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Cool Frazier story there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner44 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Votto is a beast with opposite field power. But Miguel Cabrera is close if not on the same level. And that's hard for me to say because Votto is far and away my favorite player.
    Cabrera has to be about the only one. He pulls the ball much more than Votto.

Hmm, no idea on the answer to the trivia question, but that is interesting to think about, back then, playing a night game for the very first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I'll miss Arroyo when he's gone next year. Unless he takes a major pay cut, I don't see the Reds signing him again.
    I 've always heard that Bronson is Catallini's favorite Red. Don't be surprised if something gets worked out.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner44 View Post
    Probably so, but I don't get to see him as much as I would like. Judging by the highlights every night, Cabrera is a freak.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Just joining the game thread. Don't know if this has been covered.

I can't believe this season how many pitchers, Reds and others, don't know when to throw strikes and don't know when to stay outside the zone.

Feldman just cannot throw a strike to Hanigan once he falls behind 3-0. Can't believe he threw strikes there, including the very hittable home run pitch.

Make Hanigan reach for one. If you walk him, you walk him, the pitcher is on deck.

I've seen this time and again this year. A walk isn't a good outcome but sometimes it's not such a big deal. Just hard to believe he threw that pitch, especially at GABP. Maybe he just missed his spot, I don't know.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Central update:

Brewers up 2-0 on Pirates in the 3rd.
    Cards at Dodgers later.

Turn Off Ads?