Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeing the Reds in Oakland, any recommendations?

Re: Seeing the Reds in Oakland, any recommendations?

When we went out to watch the Reds in SF last year, we actually stayed in Downtown Oakland....yes downtown Oakland.

Now my mental picture of Oakland before the trip was probably what everyones is...pretty darn scary.

But it was actually pretty cool....very diverse, clean, had some cool eateries and pubs and never felt unsafe even late at night.

I was very surprised...as was my girlfriend who was 100% against the idea to start with.

And it was great that we could take a nice walk about 8-10 blocks down to Jack London Square and take the ferry straight to AT&T or any of the major SF tourist spots. And could hop on the train and 10 minutes be in Berkeley.

As Iam a stadium junkie (25 of 30 off the list) We did go out to the Coliseum our last day to see the A's play the Sox.

And that was the scariest thing about the whole trip was actually the train station were you get off to go the Coliseum.....that place was like "Escape From New York" and "Night of the Living Dead".....at 1130 in the morning!

As to the Coliseum not much to see and do as has already been stated, but you cant get bored with the Bay Area as a whole...just a fantastic place, would move there tomorrow if I could afford it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

[QUOTE=mikdavrut;2862906]I went to a game there back in 2007 when my band was touring the west coast (hit up most of the Cali ballparks sans the Angels park which I still have not been to - but hey, I DID see a "Midland Angels" game back in the 80s ) and I thought that park was pretty much a dump. And yeah, the immediate area where it is located is not the greatest.

So yeah, I know I'm not adding much to this thread or answering any specific questions...just making a couple of general thoughts per se.

I hope within the next few years I'll be able to say that I have been to every MLB park. Off the top of my head, I still need to see games @ the following parks:

Cali is a city in Columbia.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

4. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (05-26-2013),westofyou (05-25-2013)

[QUOTE=remdog;2863106]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    I went to a game there back in 2007 when my band was touring the west coast (hit up most of the Cali ballparks sans the Angels park which I still have not been to - but hey, I DID see a "Midland Angels" game back in the 80s ) and I thought that park was pretty much a dump. And yeah, the immediate area where it is located is not the greatest.

So yeah, I know I'm not adding much to this thread or answering any specific questions...just making a couple of general thoughts per se.

I hope within the next few years I'll be able to say that I have been to every MLB park. Off the top of my head, I still need to see games @ the following parks:

Cali is a city in Columbia.

Rem
    So L.L. Cool J was talking about Columbia back in '88?

Learn something new everyday.

[QUOTE=mikdavrut;2863131]
    Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post

So L.L. Cool J was talking about Columbia back in '88?

Learn something new everyday.
    He had apparently been there before, and was excited about returning.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?