Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cards lose another SP

Cards lose another SP

Gast goes down with shoulder problems in 1st inning today. Gast was replacing Westbrook, and Lyons is replacing Garcia. The Cards must now call up Wacha and have no one else left after him. No way they continue to hold up. I don't root for injuries, but I'm not complaining either.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards lose another SP

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Gast goes down with shoulder problems in 1st inning today. Gast was replacing Westbrook, and Lyons is replacing Garcia. The Cards must now call up Wacha and have no one else left after him. No way they continue to hold up. I don't root for injuries, but I'm not complaining either.
    They don't have to call up Wacha. Joe Kelly, the guy they brought in, is used to starting. Started a bunch for them last year and was beat out of the 5th starter spot in spring training. I suspect he will start until some folks get healthy.

Dissident

They probably will call up Wacha, at least for 2-3 starts. Kelly is not stretched out enough to start as he hasn't gone five innings since spring training.

Plus, they just sent Carlos Martinez, who had been pitching in relief, to Memphis (AAA) where he will join the rotation. Once he is stretched out, he will likely return to take over Gast's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    They probably will call up Wacha, at least for 2-3 starts. Kelly is not stretched out enough to start as he hasn't gone five innings since spring training.

Plus, they just sent Carlos Martinez, who had been pitching in relief, to Memphis (AAA) where he will join the rotation. Once he is stretched out, he will likely return to take over Gast's spot.
    Wacha is going to be called up. Martinez was sent down today to get stretched out and come back as a starter. One thing the Cardinals don't have to worry about is not enough pitchers. They could absorb a couple more DL's and be fine.

By the way with all these injuries the Cardinals are forced to overcome so much for the notion that they're lucky. If anything a team that only uses 5 starters all year is a lucky team.

This is looking more and more like Cardinal Zone

Dissident

Are Card fans starting threads here? We are only responding to threads about the Cardinals started by Reds fans. How that offends you is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    Are Card fans starting threads here? We are only responding to threads about the Cardinals started by Reds fans. How that offends you is a mystery to me.
    I'm not at all offended. The ratio of Cards to Reds fans on these threads is far heavier than I've seen in years. Just an interesting side note. Seems knowledgeable Cards fans are seeing the rivalry while common message board Cards fans still insist there isn't one.

Far as y'all being here I've seen 2 "trolls" and mods took care of both. If ya wanna talk baseball welcome aboard. It was meant as a wry observation, is all. You misread my intent.

Turn Off Ads?