Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ludwick out until at least mid-August

Re: Ludwick out until at least mid-August

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    Votto's contract is a pair of cement shoes. Starting in 2018, when Votto will be 34, the Reds owe him 25 million per, for 6 years. Then an option year.

Good luck with that.
    Haven't you already made this exact same post, and we explained (as if that were necessary) how condescending it came across? We didn't need this type of post the first time, and we sure as heck don't need it a second.

2. Likes:

Big Klu (07-08-2013),Brutus (07-09-2013),Number_Fourteen (07-08-2013),PuffyPig (07-21-2013),RedsfaninMT (07-21-2013),remdog (07-10-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Sure glad we have Cardinals fans here on Redszone.
    Is he wrong though? I am not sure he is. Perhaps finances will drastically change by then, but a guy from 35-40 making $25M a year sounds like something that you will struggle to make your value back on. Why focus on what team he roots for instead of what he actually said?

Votto's contract is a pair of cement shoes. Starting in 2018, when Votto will be 34, the Reds owe him 25 million per, for 6 years. Then an option year.

Good luck with that.
    In 2020, I might be dead, and back up SS might earn $15M

There's a just as good a chance that Votto will be a bargain then, as is he will be a burden on the payroll.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Is he wrong though? I am not sure he is. Perhaps finances will drastically change by then, but a guy from 35-40 making $25M a year sounds like something that you will struggle to make your value back on. Why focus on what team he roots for instead of what he actually said?
    I could join a Cardinals board right now and start talking about how Holliday is owed $17 million a year through 2017 and his production had already started slipping, but I wouldn't do that. Why? Because I'm not a jerk who joins the forum of their rival team and tries to act superior about my team.

I don't have a problem with somebody suggesting the Votto contract could be a hinderance, but I don't much care for the way SpiritofStLouis said it and he has previously shown he doesn't have the strongest of filters.

And I have no problem admitting I am a firm believer in the mantra "I can make fun of/criticize/whatever my own team/family/friends, but if somebody else does, I'm defending them with my life." Sign me up for 30 more years of Votto!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Big Klu (07-08-2013),bigredmechanism (07-21-2013),joshua (07-08-2013),kaldaniels (07-08-2013),westofyou (07-09-2013)

We are "struggling" to make our value back on him now.

2012 WAR 5.6
    2013 WAR 3.5 at the ASB

I suppose we could have let him walk after this year just so we would be sure to come out ahead...
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 07-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.

9. Likes:

bigredmechanism (07-21-2013),RedEye (07-08-2013)

Possibly not and a legit point. The problem is his post had only one intention and it wasn't to discuss the point. It was to troll. Don't feed him, Doug.

Stat geek...and proud

Good luck with that.
    By 2018, inflation will likely make that very palatable , even if he has declined some.

12. Likes:

mattfeet (07-10-2013)

Heisey is OPS'ing about 1.400 since he got back from the DL. It's only nine games, but compared to the rest of the team, he's a beast. Heck, OPS'ing 1.400 is hitting like a beast however one looks at it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Possibly not and a legit point. The problem is his post had only one intention and it wasn't to discuss the point. It was to troll. Don't feed him, Doug.
    He quoted a post from someone else who made a similar point that he did. He simply added to it. Was the other poster trolling as well? Or are some people a little fickle when a known fan of another team says anything with a slight sense of negativity about the Reds here?

He quoted a post from someone else who made a similar point that he did. He simply added to it. Was the other poster trolling as well? Or are some people a little fickle when a known fan of another team says anything with a slight sense of negativity about the Reds here?
    I guess given said poster's history, it's not a massive intuitive leap....

16. Likes:

PuffyPig (07-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I guess given said poster's history, it's not a massive intuitive leap....
    Yep, stink bombs with a smile are still stink bombs

18. Likes:

Big Klu (07-09-2013),Larkin Fan (07-09-2013),PuffyPig (07-21-2013),remdog (07-10-2013)

He's trolling plain and simple. His history has been relatively clear about that. You'd be wise not to take up the defense of this one, Doug.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

20. Likes:

reds44 (07-10-2013),remdog (07-10-2013)

per C.Trent, Ludwick will start his rehab assignment with Dayton on Wednesday.

22. Likes:

Big Klu (07-21-2013),bigredmechanism (07-21-2013),cumberlandreds (07-22-2013),Kiko (07-21-2013),Tom Servo (07-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?