Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick out until at least mid-August

Re: Ludwick out until at least mid-August

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    That was SEVEN years ago!!!! Xavier Paul is putting up better numbers than Sizemore did in his last 5 seasons. You're delusional to expect anything more than a .250+ avg from Sizemore. He could have some power off the bench but that's it.
    He can field too, he might even know how many out there were when a fly ball ended up in the CF glove.

He's not going to be star but worrying about him taking Robinson/Lutze's ab's away is the least of my worries

2. Turn Off Ads?

What's going on around here??

Well Lutz and Robinson have SLG% less than .341, Lutz is OPSing a robust .611 and bats LH, as does Sizemore, it's not a move backwards. If anything it's lateral

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Well Lutz and Robinson have SLG% less than .341, Lutz is OPSing a robust .611 and bats LH, as does Sizemore, it's not a move backwards. If anything it's lateral
    Yep. Worst-case scenario, Sizemore doesn't heal and nothing is lost. Semi-bad case, he only produces no better than Lutz or Robinson in which the Reds still haven't lost a thing. But if Sizemore gets back on track anything remotely like he used to be, the Reds have found a steal.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-06-2013)

I see a guy telling people they're delusional when they have a bona fide disagreement. What do you see?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I see a guy telling people they're delusional when they have a bona fide disagreement. What do you see?
    Like I stated earlier, he declined every year after 2006. He has barely played this decade.

The Reds are one of the best teams in the league. I believe they have a higher standard than a injury proned player that peaked 7 years ago. There's a reason he hasn't been signed.

Like I stated earlier, he declined every year after 2006. He has barely played this decade.

The Reds are one of the best teams in the league. I believe they have a higher standard than a injury proned player that peaked 7 years ago. There's a reason he hasn't been signed.
    I understand your opinion. My comment was direct at the tone and tenor you used to deliver your position.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Roy Hobbs did it and he was old!!

I don't think signing Sizemore and seeing what he can do at AAA is the worst idea today. Likely? No. But it could happen.

LF was an issue coming into this season and it continues to be so.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

No one is saying the guy is a sure thing. Heck, no one is even getting their hopes up he has anything left in the tank. But signing a guy to a minor league deal or a one-year split contract is a drop in the bucket.

You're acting like the Reds' would be gambling away all their valuable resources with a flier. That's all this is... a no-risk proposition. Either it works out or it doesn't. If it doesn't, all they're out is a minimal amount of money.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I would love to see the Reds bring in Sizemore on a minor league deal.

I would not love to see the x-rated selfies he apparently takes of himself.
    Go BLUE!!!

@ctrent
    Ryan Ludwick said he's ahead of schedule, expects to be on rehab assignment this month. Swinging bat at 85%, pain free

15. Likes:

757690 (07-04-2013),Number_Fourteen (07-05-2013),reds44 (07-04-2013),Tom Servo (07-04-2013),traderumor (07-05-2013)

That's what we've been waiting to hear.

Such a shame we have only gotten to see Choo-BP-Votto-Ludwick-Bruce 2 times this year.

Give me an 85-90 percent Ludwick in Sept/Oct and I'll be happy.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (07-05-2013)

Speaking of Votto and RBIs,as I recall, if he had gotten Choo in from third, Ludwick would never have gotten hurt.

19. Likes:

kaldaniels (07-04-2013),malcontent (07-04-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

That's very good unexpected news.

I've been concerned that he won't be 100% until next year, given his power swing. I really hope that won't be the case.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Turn Off Ads?